Peek at the Week
August 3, 2019
From the Principal’s Desk
Dear Shiloh Family,
As we prepare to welcome our Five Star Generals on Monday, we want you to know that we are elated to embark upon this journey of teaching and learning with you. We believe that our students and families are our greatest resources and we look forward to a great partnership throughout the 2019-2020 school year and beyond. Shiloh Middle School will continue to Model Excellence Every Day! As principal, I would like to remind you of a few key points that will help us begin this school year as smoothly as possible. Please see bulleted items below.
- The building will open Monday-Friday at 8:55am for students. As of August 21 and every subsequent Wednesday, students can report at 8:15 for Help Day. There will be no before or after school activities the first two weeks of school.
- Shiloh will be serving free breakfast to all students this year. Upon entering the building, students will stop at a breakfast kiosk, receive their breakfast and report immediately to their homeroom class.
- Instruction will begin promptly at 9:20. Our instructional day ends at 4:00pm.
- Car Riders and walkers will begin being released at 4:00pm. We normally have two loads of buses that are called between 4:10-4:30. Please Note: During the first week of school, there may be delays in buses, as the Transportation Office may still be working through their routes. We appreciate your understanding.
- There has been changes in district policy regarding sending text and voice messages to parents via SchoolMessenger. We are only capable of sending emailed messages to parents from the local school level at this time. Prior to this change, we may have sent a quick text to parents to inform you if buses were running late, etc... However, we will now send that correspondence via email. Please ensure your email is updated in our records so that we can maintain effective communication throughout the year. Additionally, in the event of an emergency, not only will we email, but the district has the capability to inform you of the emergency on behalf of the local school. Therefore, you will continue to be updated; as needed.
- Please join. Our PTSA is growing and we want every Shiloh parent to be a part of this phenomenal organization. You can join online via MyPaymentsPlus or pick up a membership form from the school. Your participation is needed and greatly appreciated.
- Dress Code for Students-Students are expected to dress in a manner that is supportive of a positive learning environment. No student shall dress in a way as to distract from the learning process of other students. Headgear of any kind -Hats, Scarves(even if fashionably wrapped), hoods, doo-rags, ski caps (except during cold weather; never in the building), bandanas, sweatbands, visors, or sunglasses. The only exception will be for religious or medical practices.
- Please mark your calendar for the Title I Annual Meeting(6:00pm) and Curriculum Night(6:30pm) on August 22, 2019. The Title I Annual Meeting is designed to inform parents of our Title I Budget and how the funds will be utilized for the 2019-2020 school year based on our identified needs and input from our school and community stakeholders. Curriculum Night affords you the opportunity to visit classrooms to learn more about the AKS for your child's grade level and the instructional framework of Shiloh Middle School.
- All Pro Dads-We look forward to your presence Monday morning celebrating our students as they enter the building! Thank you in advance.
For your Quick Reference:
Dr. Syllen Hill- 6th Grade/Ms. Stephanie Hunter(Clerk)
Ms. Danielle Hendrickson- 7th Grade/Ms. Sharyn Webber(Clerk)
Ms. Dionne Johnson- 8th Grade /Ms. Madison Laskowski(Clerk)
Ms. Stacee Brown-Testing/International Baccalaureate /Ms. Tilwanana Anderson(Clerk)
Ms. Tarsha Carroll- Special Education /Ms. Nicloe Frazier(clerk)
Mr. David Ellison- Discipline, Safety, Security/Ms. Madison Laskowski (Clerk)
Ms. Amie Walsh-6th Grade
Ms. Nicole Carrington-7th Grade
Ms. Shaquila Wise-8th Grade
Tips for Car Riders please see map below.
Thank you for your continued support of Shiloh Middle School.
Your Proud Principal,
Shiloh Middle School-Parent Center
Parent Instructional Coordinator (PIC)
Parent Center Hours: M/T/Th 8:30-3:00pm, CLOSED Wednesday and Friday