Teach Like a Pirate
J.R. Irvin Elementary Weekly Staff Newsletter - vol 14
TLAP Quote of the Week
P is for Pirate
M IS FOR MAGIC
The magic isn't in that latest program or curriculum guide. You won't find it in the standards. It certainly isn't in that next new, bureaucrat-designed initiative.
The magic is in YOU! Often it isn't so much what you do, but rather how you do it. You are the magic!
Burgess, D. & S. Teach Like a Pirate. (2014). Dave Burgess Consulting. CA: San Diego.
I totally agree! It is the teacher that works the magic! Thanks for all you do for our kiddos!
Teacher of the Week~Harkrider
Please remember to email your grade level meeting notes to Shannon and Stacee.
- 12/7 Teacher extended lunch/ Grinch Day
- 12/7 Meet with Melodi on your conference for Gmail training
- 12/7 DVD #4
- 12/8 9:00 FSMS Choir to perform for students/Blue Christmas
- 12/8 ISIP Window Closes
- 12/8 3rd Grade Reading CBA#1
- 12/9 9:30 FSMS Band to perform for students/Rudolph Day
- 12/9&12/10 4th Grade Reading CBA#1
- 12/9 Irvin Teachers' Kids Party - Gym from 3:00-4:00
- 12/10 Frozen Day/Wear Warm Ups
- 12/10 Fire Drill
- 12/10&12/11 Holiday Cart
- 12/11 Teacher birthdays/Wear PJ's for Polar Express
- 12/15 4th Grade Math CBA#2
- 12/15 Faculty Meeting 3:15
- 12/16 Winter Parties
- 12/17 & 12/18 Early release at 12:45
- 12/17 Staff party at 1:15
December Teacher Birthdays
December 7: Fleeman
December 20: Dobbins
December 28th: Smitherman
December 30: Dunegan
December 31: Garippa
The board developed a new vision statement and then the strategic 30 last Thursday and Friday developed a new mission along with belief statements. The next step is action committees that will develop plans under specific objectives.