Greater Heights Academy - 9/21/21
News From the Nest
1/2 Day Thur. Sept. 23rd - Early Dismissal at 11:30 A.M.
Parent / Teacher Conferences -Thurs. Sept. 23, 2021 from 1:30 - 6:00 PM
1/2 Day Thur. Sept. 23, 2021 - Early Dismissal at 11:30 A.M.
Bag lunches will go home with all scholars.
Busses will run as normal starting at 11:30
Thank you for supporting this as our Teachers will be preparing for the Parent / Teacher conferences that night.
Attendance is very important on this day and we look forward to seeing everyone at school and at the conferences that night.
Thank you for being the world to our scholars, we look forward to working with every one of you throughout your scholars' educational journey here at GHA.
In partnership with you,
Richard K. Thompson (Mr. T) & The dedicated Team of GHA
Parent / Teacher Conferences -Thursday Sept. 23, 2021 - 1:30 - 6:00
Dear GHA Families,
We are looking forward to seeing you at our Parent / Teacher Conferences -Thursday, Sept. 23, 2021 - 1:30 - 6:00
Your Scholars teacher will be racing out to set up a time that works for you.
Below please find some brilliant information to help make your time the most productive for You and your Scholars Teacher.
Parent-Teacher Conference Checklists
Before the conference
- Ask your child how she feels about school.
- Ask your child if there is anything that he wants you to talk about with his teacher.
- Tell your child that you and the teacher are meeting to help her.
- Make a list of topics that you want to talk about with the teacher.
Prepare a list of questions such as:
1. What are my child's strongest and weakest subjects?
2. Does my child hand homework in on time?
3. Does my child participate in class?
4. Does my child seem happy at school?
5. What can I do at home to help?
During the conference
- Be on time (or early) for the meeting.
- End the meeting on time. Other parents will probably have a conference after yours.
- Relax and be yourself.
- Stay calm during the conference.
- Ask the most important questions first.
- If your child receives special services such as English classes, ask about your child's progress in those classes.
- Ask for explanations of anything you don't understand
- Ask your child's teacher for ways that you can help your child at home.
- Thank the teacher.
After the conference
- Talk about the conference with your child.
- Talk about the positive points, and be direct about problems.
- Tell your child about any plans you and the teacher created.
- Keep in touch with the teacher during the school year.
Reminder - No School Friday September 24, 2021
NEW OPTION FOR YOUR FAMILY!
Dear Families - This is an FREE option for you to drop off your Scholar before school.
If you need child care to help ease your morning challenges that may arise through out the year, this option is for you.
No need to call ahead, just drop off your Scholar between 7:00 - 7:45 A.M.
GHA excellence and expectations of S.O.A.R.
S = SAFETY MATTERS
O = ON TASK
A = ACT RESPONSIBLY
R = RESPECT
Below please find an amazing interactive empowering webpage: The purpose of this Parent’s Guide is to help you increase resilience in yourself as well as in your scholar.
Have Questions? Contact Us!
Greater Heights Academy is a tuition-free charter school proudly serving K-6 families in Flint. We represent a partnership of scholars, faculty, staff and administration. We are united in our mission to achieve academic success for all scholars through positive family, school and community relationships. Scholars are our first priority. We believe that traditional fundamentals of education must be enhanced to form a solid foundation for our scholars’ futures.