Dear Catawba Ridge Families,
I'll let the dates, photos & graphics below speak to just how much is happening in our school right now. I'm thankful our students have so many opportunities to engage in our school community, Here are just a few of the academic and extracurricular events that took place on our campus this past week:
- JROTC hosted 12 NC/SC Navy JRTOC units Rumble at the Ridge on Saturday
- Our Small Animal Students learned about exotics and reptiles with a visit from Exotic Encounters
- Model UN Students had a guest lecture from the Head of the Greek Delegation to NATO
- Our TV Students heard from another accomplished professional (and former FMSD TV student) during their Spotlight Speaker Series
- Band hosted an all day Mattress Sale and converted the Band Room into a Show Room
- Fall sports team matches/meets/games - Volleyball, Ladies Tennis, Ladies Golf, Cross Country, and Swim ( Football had a bye week)
To stay informed of the latest news and events, follow our social media accounts on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @CatawbaRidge & @CatawbaRidgeNews.
Darren Wilson, Principal
- 9/26 Picture Makeup Day for all grades, including seniors who missed picture day in August. Seniors, schedule your time HERE!
- 9/27 Mandatory graduation meeting for seniors
9/28 Senior Night for Girls Golf
9/28 College and Career Extravaganza at NFHS - see info below!
9/29 Men's Soccer Interest Meeting during FLEX - see info below!
- 9/30 District Wide – 2 Hour Early Release – CRHS @1:40PM
- 10/3 M1 Grades post to Parent Portal
- 10/3 Senior Graduation Order Date through Jostens - Main St. All Day
- 10/3 M1 Report Cards posted to Parent Portal
- 10/3-10/7 Spirit Week - see themes below!
- 10/5 PowderPuff Football Game 7:15 PM @ The Pit
- 10/7 Homecoming Game
- 10/8 Band Beat at The Ridge
- 10/12 PSAT & ASVAB Tests
- 10/12 York Technical School Senior Visit Day. Details below.
- 10/17 Teacher Work Day - No School for Students
- 10/26 Student & Staff Blood Drive sponsored by CR Band - All Day
- 10/28 District Wide – 2 Hour Early Release – CRHS @1:40PM
- 11/5 Golden Gala
11/8 Election Day - No School
Watch the Daily CopperHEADSUp! for coverage of athletics, arts, and extracurriculars! This daily show from Catawba Ridge News covers results from athletic events, and SO much more!
Follow Catawba Ridge Athletics on social media: @crhs_copperheads & @catawba_ridge
- Game Schedules can be found here: https://crcopperheads.bigteams.com/
- Athletic event tickets can be purchased through GoFan.com!
WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENTS ATTACHED BELOW!
ICYMI: Another Awesome Opening & Snake Bites from CRN!
Excellence in Sports Award
The York County Sports Hall of Fame Excellence in Sports Award was presented to Catawba Ridge High School at last week’s football game. Coach Lewis accepted on behalf of our school. This aware is given to the school that has excelled and shown superior performance. We are proud of our student athletes, coaches, parents and the fans who exemplify our Copperhead Spirit on and off the fields!
Fun in Forensics! Congratulations, Ms. Lynn!
Students in Ms. Lynn's Forensic Science created a "Body Farm" on campus to create "crime" scenes by using organic materials like beef liver to simulate how bodies decompose in various conditions. Each day, students collect insect samples and note calculate the "time of death" of the tissue using temperature and some other variables.
Ms. Lynn was honored as the recipient of a grant from the Palmetto State Teachers Association this week. Her grant focused on having students conduct a fetal pig autopsy for a final project for the Death and Anthropology unit in Forensic Science. PSTA Director of Teacher Leadership Craig King surprised Ms. Lynn at her school on September 21st with the exciting news that her grant was chosen as a winner!
Model UN Hosts NATO Guest Speaker
JROTC Rumble at The Ridge
Graduation is Saturday, May 27th, 2023
Senior Night for Swim Team!
Senior Campus Tour @ York Tech
York Technical College will be hosting a Senior Campus Tour during the day on Wednesday, October 12th. We wanted to take the time to pass the attached flyer along for you to share with your seniors. Seniors will have the opportunity to come to campus for a presentation and then take a tour to see what all York Tech has to offer. We will have a tour at 10am and 2pm on that day, so please make sure students sign up using the QR code on the flyer so that we can plan for those who are interested in attending.