3L Weekly News
Week Ending June 12, 2015
The Awards Ceremony was Friday. Congratulations to all of the students! Here are a few pictures.
This week in...
IMPORTANT: Shelebration has been moved to Monday, June 15, 2015 @ 2:00 in Room 216 (3L).
Reading: we prepared for Shelebration and practiced projecting our voices, speaking clearly, with fluency and expression!
Math: we reviewed the Unit 10 Math Assessment. Additionally, reviewed collecting data and began working on probability. We created spinners that represented a variety of likelihoods.
Writing: we worked to include dialogue to our fairy tale adaptations. This week, we made sure to balance dialogue with actions a character may do when speaking. Finally, we used figurative language by painting a picture in the readers’ minds. Students reviewed and learned about figurative language such as similes and alliteration.
Science: we continued to work on our Prezis. Your child can access these at home to show you these presentations. They may not all be finished! We're working on them this week and will include information learned from on the Rowan Planetarium!
Cursive: students learned how to write the cursive x and q. We also reviewed the formation of letters: a, c, b, d, e, f, g, h, l, p, t, i, y, j, k, r, s, o, w, b, v, m, and x.
Monday, June 15th, 2pm
Room 216 Central Elementary School, Haddonfield, NJ, United States
Check This Out!
1. Congratulations to Ava P.
- Ava and other students participated in the Battle of the Books Competition. She worked with peers to read and study books in order to answer questions and win the competition. Ava and her group placed 3rd. Congratulations Ava and the rest of the Battle of the Books members!
2. Philadelphia Museum of Art comes to Haddonfield
- From May to August, replicas of famous art will be in Haddonfield. Check out the links below for more information. It would be a great way to spend an afternoon!
- I have recently started tweeting on Twitter! You can find our pictures via #centralschoolpride, @mlipski1, or @CentralES1 (Mrs. Simkus' Central page)
4. Moby Max: This is a great enrichment tool for Math and Language Arts.
5. Typing Agent: **This is a GREAT tool to help your child with his/her typing skills!
- Reading is such an important skill your child has developed this year. With the progress that has been made, we want to make sure that students maintain their reading abilities to kick off to a great year in 4th grade. In order to support you with summer reading, I will be sending an e-mail this week with some helpful information for you to refer to. It will have links to websites, information for parents on reading, and Mrs. Miller's Summer Reading List. I hope you find it helpful!
Important Dates for 3L
Happy Birthday to:
- Owen, Sean, Mia, Megan, Kiley, Matthew D, and Daniel. They will be celebrating their summer birthdays, with our class, in June.
- Please check our eBoard and contact me if your child would like to celebrate his/her birthday in school.
Poet of the Week:
- Matthew D: Tuesday, June 16th
- Poems must be submitted for teacher approval before a student presents!!
Star of the Week:
- Done for the year!
- Angela D'Amato: Monday, June 15th at 10:30
- Schedule is attached to my eBoard under Guest Read Aloud
*Click the link below to my eBoard for additional details!
June 17 Field Day
June 17 5th Grade Swim Party (Rain Day June 18)
June 17-19 Half Days for Students 12:30 Dismissal
June 19 Last Day of the 14-15 School Year
None at this time.
Specials This Week:
Monday is a Day 3:
Tuesday is a Day 4:
Wednesday is a Day 5:
Thursday is a Day 6:
Friday is a Day 1:
- Spanish and Music
A Word from Third
None at this time.