WELCOME BACK LAKE FENTON!
LFHS August 2021
WELCOME BACK BLUE DEVILS!
Hello Lake Fenton Families,
It is a beautiful day as I type this and it is my sincere hope that you are enjoying these last summer days. We are weeks away from the hustle and bustle of another school year and I think we are all ready to make it a great one!
As we reflect on the past year, we have an opportunity to take the positive strides we've made and build upon them this school year: by continuing to focus on our health and wellness, increasing academic engagement, and investing in relationships. These are key ingredients to making for an incredible school year ahead. But I am also excited to add back in the fun and festivities that we all look forward to here at Lake Fenton High School.
I am once again, honored and humbled to have the opportunity to serve as your principal. Let's aim to make this the best year yet Blue Devils!
Kate VanHouten Ed. S
High School Principal
Lake Fenton Community Schools
LFHS BUILDING UPDATES - WHAT I NEED TO KNOW
- Complete all online registration steps following the Student Information Verification Tip Sheet below
- Complete all in person registration steps on your assigned date and time below
- Dress nicely for school photos!
- Pay any outstanding fees or registration fees for the upcoming school year - including the annual User Care and Repair Fee for Chromebooks
- Be sure to attend Open House on August 24 -- we will have Kona Ice, Charlie our Emotional Support Dog, and all our staff here to welcome you back
- Come cheer on alumni Sam Selley on his 100 mile ultra marathon August 25
- Attend our first full day of school on Monday, August 30th from 7:30-2:30PM
Our 2021-2022 school year is quickly approaching and we have scheduled registration for students on the following dates and times at the high school:
TUESDAY, AUGUST 17th
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 18TH
IN PERSON REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
- Pay any outstanding fines or fees. (Library Fines, Lost Books, Athletic Fees, etc.)
- Pick up your LFHS Chromebook and charger & Pay User Care and Repair Fee
- Have school pictures taken. All school pictures (grades 9-12) will be taken at this time
- SENIORS – PLEASE WEAR APPROPRIATE ATTIRE. YOUR PICTURES WILL BE DISPLAYED ON THE SENIOR COMPOSITE. BOYS SHOULD WEAR COLLARS/TIE OR SWEATER AND GIRLS SHOULD WEAR SWEATER OR COLLARED BLOUSE. THIS PHOTO WILL ALSO BE USED FOR THE YEARBOOK IF A PROPER PHOTO IS NOT SUBMITTED
ONLINE REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:
You should update and complete all medical information, handbook, concussion, Acceptable Use Policy, and photo and artwork consent through ParentVue at: https://parentvue.geneseeisd.org/lkfn/PXP2_Login.aspx
- Student/Parent Handbook
- Concussion Agreement
- Emergency Contact Information (MEDICAL INFORMATION SHOULD BE UPDATED YEARLY)
- Chromebook Annual User Care and Repair Fee can be paid in person or online at: www.lakefentonschools.org under general information, 1:1 chromebook initiative+, 1:1 Fee Payment Information)
Please note that ParentVue (and the ability for parents to check grades) and student use of technology will be disabled until all items are complete. Your class schedule will be available ONLINE once all registration is complete. Schedule changes will be handled by appointments ONLY. Please contact the Guidance Office to make an appointment. No schedule changes will occur after September 17th.
ADDITIONAL REGISTRATION ITEMS:
Families may choose to complete the following items:
- Parking Permits – cost $25. You can complete your parking permit online at: Parking Permit Registration
- Yearbook Order Forms – cost $65. You can order your 2021/2022 yearbook online at: Jostens Yearbook Order Form
- School Picture Order Forms -- Picture Packets Available at Registration - OR - You can purchase online at www.mylifetouch.com using LFHS Picture ID: EVTZZJKTB
- You must have a current physical on file with the high school office on or before the first day of practice.
- Pay to Participate - $125 for first sport and $75 for each additional sport. Must be paid before participating in the first contest.
PLEASE SUBMIT PAYMENT SEPARATELY FOR PARKING PERMITS, YEARBOOK, ATHLETICS, CHROMEBOOKS AND OTHER FEES.
Need help with online registration? Use this Tip Sheet:
CHROMEBOOK USER CARE & REPAIR FEE
Per the 1:1 Chromebook Agreement, all students in grades 3-12 will pay a $20 Annual User Care and Repair Fee which covers the cost of the first Chromebook repair and sets a cap on subsequent repairs. The agreement is available in ParentVue. Before you pick up your Chromebook, all students must have paid their fee.
You have 3 options to pay:
- Check (made out to Lake Fenton Community Schools)
- Online using our online payment system
- Chromebook Annual User Care and Repair Fee (Can be paid in person or online at: www.lakefentonschools.org under general information, 1:1 chromebook initiative+, 1:1 Fee Payment Information)
Please remember that if you are paying the $20 insurance fee online it needs to be paid 24 hours in advance. You can also pay in person with cash or a check during registration.
LFHS OPEN HOUSE
Tuesday, Aug. 24th, 5:30-7pm
4070 Lahring Road
Join us for our 2021 Open House!
This year we will have a drop-in schedule from 5:30-7:00PM. You can meet your teachers, grab a classroom syllabus and introduce yourself. You can learn more about our staff by viewing our Flipgrid video introductions that will be shared on the 24th. Additionally, Kona Ice will be on the premises and our concession stand will be open for families. We want to celebrate the beginning of a fantastic school year ahead.
See you then LFHS!
BREAKFAST AND LUNCH:
Due to the pandemic, the USDA has extended free meals for all students for the 2021-2022 school year. Breakfast and lunch will be free of charge for ALL students.
To continue food services past the USDA free meal extension --We are still accepting FREE and REDUCED applications for the 2021-2022 school year. Completing this form allows us to continue to support our family's needs. If you have qualified for free and reduced lunch in the past, applications must be submitted yearly. Go to www.lunchapp.com to complete the application process.
COME CHEER ON ALUMNI SAM SELLEY AT LFHS!
Wednesday, August 25, 2021
12:00-1:00PM @ LFHS Parking Lot
LFHS alumni Sam Selley will be running a 100-mile ultra marathon in ONE day on Wednesday, August 25th, 2021 with Lake Fenton High School as his turning point. Sam plans to be in our area between 12:00-1:00PM before making his trek back toward Ann Arbor. We will have LFXC runners joining him for a few miles as well as a police escort, Sherriff Chris Swanson as he runs through Lake Fenton. The LFHS band and LFCS staff will be on site to cheer him on!
Sam is raising money for ALS research through his Phi Delta Theta - Alpha Chapter at UofM. If you would like to support this cause, click on the link below:
Lake Fenton District Beliefs
We believe all students and staff work and learn best in a Positive school environment.
We believe all students and staff are responsible for creating a Respectful school environment.
We believe all students and staff thrive when demonstrating Independent thinking.
We believe all students and staff benefit from trustworthy and Dependable relationships.
Lake Fenton Mission
Learning For Continuous Success (L.F.C.S.)
Lake Fenton District Vision
Lake Fenton Community Schools through shared leadership, will educate all students to achieve their highest potential in a positive, safe and student-centered environment.