The Symbol of Hope for Many
Obstacles Malala Faced
- Shot in the head by member of Taliban
- Has to be aware of surroundings and take precautions 24/7
- A lot thought girls don't need an education (except her father)
- Her father always taught her that an education is important
- Sparked a dialogue about women's education
- 3 million people have signed the Malala petition (ensures every girl has a place at school in Pakistan and around the world)
- Created the Malala fund (makes sure tangible results are reached & 12 years of safe education for girls)
- Won a Nobel Peace Prize
Impacts On The World🌎
- Taught many not to take things for granted
- Taught people that an education is important
- Taught people to fight for what they believe in
- At age 11 was a blogger for BBC
- Has published a memoir (#1 best seller on Amazon)
- Youngest person to win a Nopel Peace Prize
- Originally wanted to be a doctor
- The day she was shot was the day her mom started to read and write
"One child, one teacher, one book, and one pen can change the world"
"We realize the importance of our voice when we are silenced"
"My goal is not to get a Nobel Peace Prize. My goal is to get peace and my goal is to see education of every child"