4th Grade Weekly Update
Week of 3/16-3/20
Homework for the Week of 3/16 (First Posting)
- There is no official homework for this coming week. Today (Friday), students brought home the Unit 5 study guide for their test that will be Wednesday, March 18. Students are asked to complete this study guide and bring it back by Tuesday, March 17 so we can go over questions.
Conferences (First Posting)
Per Dr. Lubelfeld's email from Thursday, ALL conferences are now taking place over the phone. Please look at the following:
- I will be calling you at the primary contact phone number. If there is a different number you would like me to call you at, please let me know.
- Refer to the 15 minute time slot that you signed up for via PTCfast. I will be calling you at your scheduled time
- We will try and be as prompt as possible. Thank you for understanding.
Immigration Simulation (Second Posting)
- Last week, a letter came home with your child about our upcoming immigration simulation. This week, students brought home a list of items that they will bring to school on March 17. Please see the letter for more information.
Month of the Military Wall of Honor (Second Posting)
- April is designated as the Month of the Military Child. At Sherwood, we will be recognizing our military families throughout the month with a variety of events and activities. One of these activities is the creation of a "Wall of Honor" at Sherwood. All students are encouraged to recognize a member of their family who has served in the military by filling out a "Hero" paper. These papers will be displayed throughout the building. In the box on the paper please provide a photograph of your hero. All papers will be given back to you at the end of the month. 4th grade students brought home these papers today in their yellow folder.
Tuesday 3/17 - Immigration Simulation (no parents attending)
Thursday 3/19 - Early Release @1:36pm
Thursday 3/19 - Conferences 3:00pm-8:00pm
Friday 3/20 - Conferences 8:00am-12:00pm
Monday 3/23 - Friday 3/27 - Spring Break
Thursday 4/23 - 4th Grade Illinois History Play (parents welcome!)
Thursday 5/14 - 4th Grade Sing 2:00pm
Library Books Due:
4R - Tuesday 4G - Thursday 4L - Thursday
Remember to help your child charge their Chromebook each evening
Send a note or call the office if there is a change in your child’s pick up plan - I am not always able to check my email prior to dismissal
Call the office if your child will be absent or tardy