Voume 2 Edition #7 September 18, 2022
- September 19- National Talk Like a Pirate Day
- September 20-
- September 21- T-Time- Juniors: Financial Literacy
- September 22-
- September 23- T-Time - Juniors: Financial Literacy , Educational Technology Day
- Hispanic Heritage Month - October 15th
- September 19- 9th grade football (away), Jazz Band Concert @ 6:30 auditorium,
- September 20- Girls JV Golf (away), Girls Tennis (home), Boys Soccer (home), Volleyball (away)
- September 21- Girls Golf (home)
- September 22- Girls Golf (away), Cross Country (away), 9th grade Volleyball (home), Soccer (away)
- September 23- Varsity Football (away)
- September 24- 9th grade Volleyball (away), Girls Tennis (away), Cross Country (away)
CONCESSION STAND HELP
NOTES FROM THE OFFICE
OFFICE CHECK OUTS
Please call the office 30 to 45 minutes before you will need your child to leave we will have them ready to go when you arrive. If you wait to check them out upon arrival, you may wait up to 15 minutes especially if they are in PE or Weights. Thank you for your help with this!
In order to promote an environment that promotes academics and a positive learning environment, Andover High School has a definition for students in GOOD STANDING.
Students who are in GOOD STANDING at Andover High have met the following criteria:
No detention PAST DUE
Not failing more than ONE class
Not currently under probationary conditions assigned by administration
Administration can remove a student from GOOD STANDING for any violation of student handbook policy including truancy, unexcused absences, tardies, network misuse, out-of-class without a pass, behavior at school events, etc…
Students who are not in GOOD STANDING are not eligible for the following:
Attendance at activity meetings during T-Time
Media Center passes
Extra-curricular events such as homecoming dances, etc…
Students will always have a path back to GOOD STANDING by:
Serving detention that is PAST DUE
Not failing more than ONE class
Completing probationary conditions
Making choices that do not violate the student handbook
Andover High will again be participating in the SAFE program. SAFE stands for Seatbelts Are For Everyone. All you need to do/know is that Kansas Law requires that you wear your seat belt every time you are in a moving vehicle; "Every Trip, Every Time." Do this, and you will have several opportunities to win $25 Visa gift cards, just for wearing a seat belt. Watch for Officer Kintzel at the SAFE table during lunch. This will happen 4 times this year. Sign up all 4 times and have 4 chances to win a $150 Visa gift card. It's just that easy!
NATIONAL MERIT SEMIFINALISTS
Exam sign up is a 3 part process.
1. Sign up for ALL preferred exams on this Google Form: https://forms.gle/yYGTvyscB5G7pn9Q9
2. Make sure that they are signed into each AP Classroom section they wish to test for on
3. Pay for all AP exams by October 12th either in the AHS front office
or on the district payment system.
Exams are $97 each. Please list the name of your student and the exams you are paying for in your check memo or on an envelope if you are paying in cash. Exams can also be paid for online through our district payment system.
Click here to find out what universities or programs are coming to AHS for visits.
This page shows upcoming scholarships. Several local scholarship deadlines are coming up!!