Promesa Family Update
November 28th, 2021
Dear Promesa Families,
We hope that you all had a restful break with your friends and family! We are excited to see your children back in school tomorrow for the last three weeks of school before the end of the semester. As we return from the break, please monitor your family for any COVID-19 related symptoms. With many families traveling over the break and vulnerable to increased exposure, it is critical that we are self-screening ourselves to keep our community safe.
Here are some reminders and updates for this week:
1) Upcoming Events: Here is a list of upcoming events:
a. Winter Spirit Week: Our winter spirit week will run from December 13th-17th. Here is a list of days for our winter spirit week:
i) Monday, Dec. 13th: Christmas Sock Day - Wear your favorite winter socks!
ii) Tuesday, Dec. 14th: Santa's Helpers Day - Dress up like Santa's Helpers (e.g. an elf or reindeer!)
iii) Wednesday, Dec. 15th: Christmas Colors - Wear any Christmas colors!
iv) Thursday, Dec. 16th: Ugly Sweater day - Wear your best ugly sweater!
v) Friday, Dec. 17th: Christmas Pajama Day - Wear your Christmas pajamas!
2) Winter Showcase: On Wednesday, December 15th, join us from 2:15-4pm to celebrate the winter season! The agenda for this event is below:
2:15-3pm: Christmas Under the Stars, a show put on by our Musical Theater students, will feature music and poetry by students in this club. Our Rollerskating students will also be featured in this show!
3:15-4pm: Families may walk around the campus to see displays of student work and enjoy a cup of hot chocolate. This is also an opportunity to wish your child's homeroom teacher a happy holiday and to collect any work your child has created during the first semester.
If you are able to donate your time or items, please fill out this Google Form. Our Musical Theater directors, Coach Arielle and Ms. Dibrell, have also created an Amazon wishlist if you are able to donate any of these items.
3) School Photos: Our photographer is working on editing and organizing the photos we took last week! As soon as they are ready, we will be sending out an order link to families.
4) Stocking Stuffers for Staff: Last year, I started the tradition of surprising our staff with little gifts in their stockings in the last two weeks leading up to our winter break! Every day, I shared a riddle with them of the stocking gift for the day and whoever guessed it first received an extra gift that day. They may have been small gifts (chocolate, hot cocoa, winter sunglasses, pretzels, etc.), but they provided our team so much joy during the weeks leading up to the break. If you are able to help us with stocking stuffers for one day this year, please sign up using this link. We have 45 staff total and the stocking stuffer can be any small gift, even a homemade one! Thank you so much!
5) Technology for Home Use: We are excited to share with you that we have received a federal grant that will allow us to order Chromebooks for our students to check out and keep at home during the school year. If your child does not have access to a personal Chromebook at home, please fill out this survey by Friday, December 10th. We will only be able to check out devices to families who fill out the survey.
With love and gratitude,
You can find emails for all of our staff here. Some staff members also have links to their wishlists for their classes!
You can find our academic calendar on our website whenever you need to refer to it!
Breakfast, lunch, and supper menus for the month can be found here!
Are you buying supplies from Amazon for the new school year? Please use this link to support our school! Amazon will donate 0.5% of every purchase to Promesa at no cost to you!
Did you miss last week's newsletter or want to refer back to a previous newsletter? Click here to view all previous versions of our family newsletters!
Director of Curriculum and Instruction: Julie Rothlauf, email@example.com
Director of Operations [Transportation/Afterschool Questions]: Casandra Reyes, firstname.lastname@example.org
Front Office Manager [Registration Questions]: Esme Flores, email@example.com