Why Michael Vick is a Tragic Hero
6 Qualities of a Tragic Hero
- The tragic hero is a character of noble stature and has greatness. The character must ALSO embody nobility and virtue as part of his/her character.
- Though the tragic hero is great, he/she is not perfect.
- The hero’s downfall, is partially his/her own fault.
- The hero’s misfortune is not wholly deserved. Punishment is often more than the crime.
- The hero’s fall is not pure loss.
- Though it is sad, the tragedy does not leave its audience in a state of depression.
“I don’t think the NFL has ever seen the likes of me, a quarterback who moves the way I do and throws the way I do. I’m not saying that with arrogance or anything. That is just how I feel." -Michael Vick
“I was ashamed and totally disappointed in myself, to say the least. Dog fighting is a terrible thing. I reject it.” -Michael Vick
“I’ve been through a lot. It’s been great to come back and have an opportunity to play, and be with a great group of guys.” -Michael Vick