A weekly newsletter for LVES Parents
September 11, 2015 - Issue 4
First Home Football Game
1. All students 4th grade and younger must be accompanied by an adult guardian in order to attend Lago Vista High School varsity football home games. The students must remain under the supervision of that guardian while at the stadium.
2. Standing, loitering, or horseplay under and around the stadium stands, concession stands, or any other area is prohibited. Revealing, provocative and/or inappropriate dress will not be allowed, nor will inappropriate behaviors or foul language. Repeat offenders will be required to leave the stadium and campus.
3. Once inside the stadium, middle school and high school students with a student ticket will be allowed to sit in the designated student area on the home side of the stadium. Students may sit in the reserved or general admission sections only if they are under the supervision of an adult guardian.
4. The use of alcohol, controlled substances, tobacco, and electronic cigarettes are prohibited on school premises.
Lago Vista ISD appreciates everyone’s cooperation and support as we work to keep a safe and enjoyable environment at Viking football games.
1st and 2nd Grades to Pep Rally
- Kindergarten: 10:45-11:15
- 2nd Grade: 11:40-12:10
- 4th Grade: 12:15-12:45
The schedule and lunch times for Tuesday, September 15th are:
- Pre-K: 12:20-12:50
- 1st Grade: 11:10-11:40
- 3rd Grade: 11:50-12:20
If we have scanned your driver's license already this year, and you want to skip the line, please call the front office on Monday morning, and we will have your badge printed and waiting for you. Please be patient as visitor's will still need to sign in to Raptor and be buzzed in by a staff member, so plan on arriving a few minutes before the scheduled lunch times to park and get a visitors badge.
In order to maximize learning time, we ask that grandparents and visitors not visit classrooms before or after lunch so that teachers and students can continue the day's lessons and learning.
Campus Educational Improvement Committee (CEIC) Reps Needed
Running of the Vikings
Early Release on September 30th
Family Fun Night Success
Weekly Attendance Rate
Remember our weekly goal is 97%, so please make sure that your child is at school everyday from 7:45-2:45.
If our attendance average at the end of the 1st nine weeks is 97% or higher, Mr. Holt is going to shave his head!
Christine Harris, Administrative Assistant
Registration and Attendance:
Veronica Fidencio, Registrar/Attendance Clerk
Student Emotional Support:
Kim Box, Counselor
Gina Carmichael, School Nurse
Discipline and School Improvement:
Michelle Jackson, Principal
Eric Holt, Assistant Principal
- September 14th - Grandparent's Lunch for K, 2nd and 4th grades
- September 15th - Grandparent's Lunch for Pre-K, 1st and 3rd grades
- September 15th - PTO Meeting, 6:00 pm in Library
- September 16th - ESL Parent Meeting at 7:45 am in the Cafeteria
- September 17th - Donuts with Dad - Watch DOG kick-off at 8:00 am in the Cafeteria
- September 18th - 1st and 2nd grade classes go to pep rally at 8:30 am
- September 21st - 25th - Homecoming Spirit Week - themes coming soon
- September 29th - UIL Kick-off Pep Rally for 2nd, 3rd and 4th grades during lunches
- September 30th - Early Release at 11:30 am for Parent/Teacher Conferences