March 8, 2021
Dear Haynesfield Families:
Tanika Hardin, Principal
Week of March 8-March 12:
Jump Rope for Heart
Tuesday, March 9:
Class picture orders due
(to comply with safety protocols, students are wearing masks in these pictures)
5th/6th grade Band Instrument Placement Night
(Please see below for more information)
Friday, March 12:
End of 9-weeks
Wednesday, March 17:
Report Cards go home
Sunday, March 14:
Daylight Savings Time (turn clocks forward 1 hour)
Tuesday, March 23:
Thursday, March 24:
Wear your Tie Dye
March 29-April 2:
Spring Break/No School
SAVE the DATES of April 22 & May 3-7:
TN Ready Testing Dates
(State testing for 3rd-6th grades-please make doctor's appointments before or after these dates)
5th/6th Grade Band Registration Extended
Band Instrument Placement Night Information:
- Students who are interested in joining band at TMS can come and see/hear/try our different instrument options!
- Rising 6th grade students - 5:30-6:30pm, Rising 7th grade students - 7:00-8:00pm
- Parents will check in their student at the gym door. Only students will enter the building. Parents can stay in their car in the parking lot or return to pick up their child after their session ends.
- This event is FREE to any student who may be interested in band. ALL students who come will receive a free TMS Band T-shirt.
- Contact Brianna Jennings (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Spencer Finch (email@example.com) for more information.
Reminder of Cell Phones/Electronic Devices Policy
"School board policy allows personal communications devices in school. However students are not to use their phones during school hours unless specific directions from a staff member allow their use. The devices must be in the student’s locker and must be off. Any violation will result in confiscation of the device and assignment to in-school suspension. The devices will be returned only to a parent/guardian or guardian...
Any student who possesses a personal digital device (tablet, wearable, etc.) during the instructional school day must do so under the direct supervision of the student’s teacher or be subject to related disciplinary action. A personal digital device may be confiscated if it is powered on or is used during the school day in a manner that distracts from the learning environment in any way..."
Next PTA meeting March 18th, 1PM at Quaker Steak & Lube
Deadline to order yearbooks is Saturday, March 13th
Teacher Appreciation Week starts May 3rd!
Annual Walk-A-Thon is scheduled for Friday, May 7th, more information to follow.