The Open Library
Stowe Middle High School Library Newsletter
Get Your Green Screen On!
The library just purchased a green screen kit for teachers to borrow for student projects. It includes the screen, the lights, and an iPad tripod adapter. Think about using it to create public service announcements, 'you were there' historical news clips, book trailers, and more. Check with Mrs. Mac to schedule it and get started.
New Database: CultureGrams
Check out CultureGrams, the most recent database in CultureGrams provides a cultural and statistical snapshot of all countries recognized by the United Nations--from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe. Find the link on the library's website here. Ask Mrs. Mac for the password to access from home.
Lots of great books arriving...
It seems every day there's a new box from Amazon to open. Here's a sampling of some of the popular titles on the New Book wall:
- The Secret Race by Tyler Hamilton & Danield Coyle
- The Silver Star by Jeannette Walls (new fiction from the author of The Glass Castle)
- And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini (author of The Kite Runner)
- The Light in the Ruins by Vermont author Chris Bohjalian
- Origami and Math: Simple to Complex by John Montroll
- League of Denial: The NFL, Concussions, and the Battle for Truth by Mark Fainaru-Wada & Steve Fainaru
Presentations: Extreme Makeover
8th Graders have been learning how to up their presentation game. No more cheesy clipart or slides with endless bullet points. We learned how to make presentations 'sticky' from business consultants: Chip and Dan Heath. Here's a link to the library's resources for "Presentation: Extreme Makeover."
Try AdBlock in your Chrome Browser to get rid of pesky advertisements. Find it here in the Chrome Store.