Using Credit Wisely
Credit vs Debit
Three ways to develop a positive credit history.
2. Don't take a lot of loans. A house and car are good examples of loans.
3. Make a lot of small payments and pay them on time to build good credit history.
Financial apps/websites to help you manage your money.
FutureAdvisor: This site gives retirement advise and helps you manage your investments.
Betterment: Makes investing quicker and easier.
Dwolla: Dwolla allows you to transfer your payments faster. It's also easy to use and has no transaction fees.
Venmo: Here you can quickly and safely transfer money to the bank.
Advantages of credit vs. disadvantages of credit
1. A lot of loans require that you have a credit score.
2. You can purchase things like a house that would take a lifetime to save for without credit.
3. A good credit score allows you to get lower interest rates and it's easier to get loans.
1. A bad credit score can prevent you from getting loans for things like a house or car.
2. Using credit irresponsibly could put you into a lot of debt.
3. Credit car companies will try to suck you into signing up for their credit cards.