Friday, June 9, 2023
June is Pride Month
Monday: wear Rainbow
Tuesday: wear a Crazy Hat
Wednesday: Dress as a Celebrity
Thursday: Wear fun socks
Friday: Pajama day
Yearbooks can be picked up in room #335. You can come before 1st set, in between classes and at the end of the day.
We have books for sale and the cost is $65
See Mrs. Talbott with any questions
Congratulation to the new officers of NHS:
President: Brody Burke
VP-Academics: Eliana Cantwell
VP-Community Service: Henry Burke
Secretary: Braeden Weaver
Treasurer: Aiden McLean
PR: Matthew Ross
There will be a short meeting on Monday, 6/12 at 2pm in the HS cafeteria with current and new officers to review the transition plan. Please let Mrs. Witkowski know if you will attend.
Technology Devices Return dates
Students must return their assigned ThinkPad, with stylus and power adapter by June 22, 2023. High School students may return their devices to the HF-L Technology Office in the High School (Room 125) or via the Tech support drive-up window located in the bus loop.
June 12th -22nd: 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
* All devices should be handed in with a stylus (if applicable), a charger and all decorative stickers removed.
* Over the summer, all devices are checked for hardware issues and then reimaged. As such, all files should be backed up in OneDrive.
* Students can access Office 365 (Outlook email and OneDrive) from another device. There is a Quick Link on the HF-L website for ClassLink that will easily connect students to Office 365.
* Unreturned and damaged equipment will be invoiced for the replacement cost after June 22nd.
EXAM SCHEDULE June 13-22
June 14-22 Regents exams
Summer Driver's Education Class
Summer Driver's Education registration is now open. Registration is online at the Community Programs website. Be sure to read the entire description before registering as the format is a different this session. Space is limited so register early! Any questions, please contact the Community Programs Office at 624-7068.
Technology Department is Hiring Summer Help
Are you interested in a paid position with the Technology Department this summer?
The Tech Department is now hiring for summer staff. Please complete an application at www.work4hfl.com .
It is inevitable that students will be late, need to leave early or be absent from time to time.
In the event you need to contact the school for attendance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Mrs. Wells @ (585) 624-7088.
When leaving a message, please include the students name and reason for the attendance request; i.e. doctor /dentist appointment, college visit, slept late, etc. and who is contacting the school.
We want to make sure we accurately enter attendance for each student.
FOOD DELIVERY TO THE HIGH SCHOOL
We have become increasingly aware that our students are purchasing food via grubhub or other food delivery services and having it delivered to the High School. While we discourage the use of food delivery services during school hours, we would like to clarify the policies and procedures that must be adhered to in order to ensure student safety:
- All food deliveries MUST be sent to the main office. Under NO circumstances should any student or adult open an exterior door during the school day to allow entry to the building or for food delivery. All students and visitors must enter through the main office between the hours of 7:30am-2pm.
- Students must pick up their orders from the main office vestibule. There will be no one monitoring deliveries and we will not follow up on "missing" orders.
- Students must follow individual teacher policies regarding eating in the classroom.
- Students are not permitted to leave class to pick up orders. Food should only be picked up during break, passing time, or lunch.
- Students picking up deliveries must arrive to class on time, there will be no excuse for tardiness.
Please feel free to contact the main office with any questions or concerns.