The symbol for the U.S. Senate.
The Senate and the House of Representatives come together and meet anually at the Capitol building in Washington D.C.
Meeting of the senates
All of the U.S. Senates come together to make decisions and have discussions.
Benefits, Salary, and Privileges
- Senates begin their terms on January 3rd, after the election the previous November
- Senates run 6 year terms
- If the senator dies, the governor may appoint someone to take their place
- Their salary is $174,000 a year
- Members recieve allowences to pay for their office staff, trips home, telephones, telegrams, and newsletters
- They are all free from arrest when they are going to and from Congress
- They may not be sued for anything they say on the House or Senate floor