By Mr. Goguen
The Story of Johnny Appleseed
John Chapman was his real name.
Born in Massachusetts
Created apple orchards in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Pennsylvania and Ohio.
Exaggeration & Humor
- A rattlesnake tried to bite him but the fangs would not go into his foot because his skin was as tough as an elephant's hide.
- He was never sick in over 70 years.
- He used his tin hat for cooking.
- Slept outdoors.
- Walked barefoot around the country.
- Made his drinking water from snow melting with his feet.