News for August
What is New at Courtney This Year?
What is the Common Core State Standards?
The Common Core State Standards (CCSS) is an evaluation and realignment of learning goals for our students. As a staff, we have been working to understand the new CCSS and how to implement them. The end goal of CCSS is students who are have a globally competitive education. If you would like to know more about the Common Core, contact your student's teacher or visit Common Core Standards (from the national PTA).
Welcome to Our New Staff Members!
Greetings from the PTA
Welcome back to school! The PTA is working hard to help Courtney Elementary.
Officers for the 2012-2013 school year are:
· Buffy Armstrong, President
· Rhonda Cleary, Vice President
· Erin Collins, Treasurer
· Carolyn Post, Secretary
· Becky Beamguard, Teacher Liaison
- In September, we will sponsor Computers for Education. The PTA receives $5.50 for each completed booklet that is returned.
- Information will be sent home regarding social events for students and families.
- The PTA has a Facebook page you can access to keep up to date.
We look forward to working with all to keep improving Courtney Elementary.