Importance of ICC
What is the Iowa Core Curriculum?
What does the ICC do for schools?
What does the ICC offer Iowa Students?
What does the ICC offer Iowa Educators?
What are the 5 Characteristics of Effective Instruction?
2. Teaching for Understanding
3. Assessment for learning
4. Rigorous and Relevant Curriculum
5. Teaching for learner Differences
3 main stakeholders of the ICC
3 Main parts of the ICC
What are the content areas included in the ICC?
4. Social Studies
5. 21st Century Skills
What are the 21st Century Skills?
2. Employability Skills
3. Financial Literacy
4. Health Literacy
5. Technology Literacy
The 4 grade bands are:
2. Grade 3-Grade5
3. Grade 6-Grade8
4. Grade 9-Grade12
The literacy content area is split into 5 disciplines. What are they?
2. Reading:Informational Text
3. Reading:Foundational Skills
5. speaking and Listening
The 5 Math disciplines are:
5. Economics/ Statistics
The 4 Science disciplines are:
2. Earth and Science
3. Life Science
4. Physical Science
The 5 social studies disciplines are:
5. Political Science/ Civic Literacy
The main components of student centered classrooms are:
5 things seen in a classroom of a teacher who is teaching for understanding are:
2. Provide for rich ongoing assessment
3. Support learning with powerful representations
4. Pay need to developmental factors
5. Induct students into the disciplines
6 levels of Bloom Taxonomy
5 levels of Application Model
2. Apply in discipline
3. Apply across disciplines
4. Apply to real-world predictable situations
5. Apply to real-world unpredictably situations