The Bowerman Star
November 3, 2015
Nov. 2 NO SCHOOL!
Nov. 3 NO SCHOOL - Professional Learning at SPS NOW
Nov. 4 Monthly Assemblies
- 9:15 3rd-5th
- 1:45 K-2nd
Nov. 5 TST Meeting
Nov. 9 K-2 Literacy Night 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Nov. 10 Staff Meeting cancelled due to Appy Hoyr
Nov. 10 Appy Hour 4:30-6:00 p.m. at the Central High School Commons
Nov. 11 Veterans' Day
Nov. 11 Veterans' Day programs
- K-5 at 1:30 p.m.
- Community 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Nov. 11 Mrs. Webb out for district leadership meetings
Nov. 16 Baby Shower!
Nov. 17 Hamlin in the Morning at 7:00 a.m. in Library
Fire Drill Coming!
Be prepared for a fire drill to happen late week!
Week of Nov. 2-6
SPS Pay It Forward-THANK YOU!
Thanks to you, we were able to raise almost $900 for United Way and the Foundation for Springfield Public Schools,
Information for YOU!
- Please be reflective and make sure you are using our established building-wide behavior system. Things to remember:
1. Sending kids to the focus room allows us to track their behaviors.
2. Specials should not be taken from students as a consequence for
- PE equipment will no longer be available to classes to take outside during recess. These items will be reserved for Coach Runnels and Coach Orfs PE classes. Thank you!
- I will be in and out of all classrooms this week, but will conducting Tower observations in 3rd grades.
- See Mrs. Schindele's link (below) for a quick video on RESPONSIBILITY.
- If you have not done so, consider moving forward with involving your class to set a class attendance goal. There is nothing better than seeing a group of kids work together toward a common goal! :)
- Jeans Days-a-Plenty! With the sale of jeans tickets for the Pay It Forward campaign, we will be having lots of jeans days. Please check in with Mrs. Lori on the days you are using a jeans coupon and she will give you a stamp. Please keep in mind that even in jeans we should look like the professionals we are. Please leave the jeans at home if I have communicated in advance that we will have district VIPs in the building. Thank you!
- Lexia is a phenomenal resource for you to know exactly where each of your students are and what it will take to move them forward. Once devices are rolled out, I highly encourage all classrooms to use Lexia as a rotation during guided reading. Having students waiting in line for the Smartboard and playing games that may not meet the mark for rigor will be a thing of the past. Start familiarizing yourself with Lexia. Ask Kristie, Sharon, or myself if you need help getting started!
- If you would like to give a colleague a pat on the back, consider filling out an online recognition form. The link is as follows: http://www.springfieldpublicschoolsmo.org/pages/SPSMO/DistrictInfo/Springfield_Learning_Model/Staff/Employee_Recognition_Form
- Please pick up a few Outstanding Behavior and Academic Achievement forms from the front office. If you have a student that is “walking on water” with improving their behavior and/or academic status, please consider filling one out. We will recognize these ‘outstanding’ award winners during our monthly Bowerman Star assemblies.
Nov 11 Mike Runnels
Nov 14 Carolyn Sharp
Nov 20 Carmen Gheorge
Nov 24 Stephanie Reid
Nov 26 Kristie Bennett
The mission of the Bowerman community is to equip our students to be successful and literate 21st century learners.