3-8 Weekly Road Map - 12/14/15
Today we LEARN. Tomorrow we LEAD!
PRIORITIES FOR THIS WEEK!
Tues-Thurs- CC, 1:1, Small Group..Data Conferences!
Thursday- Have DDI info updated in Google Docs by COB.
Friday - DDI Check-Ins w/Leads and Gradebooks Updated by COB.
Please be sure and get welcome calls done by the deadlines!
YouTube videos: Please remember to not show YouTube videos without purifying them first. You can use either www.viewpure.com or www.safeshare.tv to purify.
BBC Recording Disclaimer: Don't forget to use the disclaimer slide in all sessions. See emails from Leslie.
Gradebooks: Grades needs to be completely updated before we leave for break!
K12 Newsletter: Don't forget to log into K12 Training to check on any assigned trainings and also to read the newsletter. You will need to mark the newsletter complete just like you do with trainings.
Updates from Sarah Robinson!
Updates from Sarah Robinson:
1) Do you know of any upcoming Career or College Fairs in your area? We would like to offer these unique opportunities to our families in an effort to get our middle and high school students more engaged. Please send me an email with the details, even if you can’t attend.
2) Would you like to sign up to ATTEND an outing? Remember this year we are limiting the number of staff that can attend an outing, so be aware of that when you sign up. There are tabs at the bottom with the months listed. Click here to sign up to attend an outing. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EYUbW7hqEB1ribUfqW_fTWM_9gH3rl7v08JlJi5ln0Q/edit?pli=1#gid=1325209227
3) Would you like to HOST an outing? Each time a teacher HOSTS an outing, his/her name goes into a hat for a $50 basket of goodies. There will be three 3rd-8th grade teachers that win and three HS teachers that win. If you don’t ever host any outings then your name won’t go into the hat. Each time you host, your name goes into the hat! We are doing this as an incentive to get outings offered in MORE areas in Texas. Please consider it. Send firstname.lastname@example.org an email with the bulleted specifics. No links to websites please. Keep your testing calendar nearby because we cannot approve any STAAR or TAKS testing dates. Please give 30 days’ notice. If you choose an outdoor outing please include a plan B (specific details) in your email. We are getting several requests from families in the North Houston are and the College Station areas. Please consider hosting if you live within 60 miles one way of these cities. Are you wondering if there are any families where you live? Log into the OLS and look under QUICK LINKS. Click on FAMILY DIRECTORY. Plug in your zip code and search 60 miles to see how many families might potentially attend an outing if you hosted it in your town. You’d be surprised, even if you live in a remote area. Our families are all over Texas!
-date and time
-maximum capacity if possible
4) Do you have a question or two about outings? Get them answered in Sarah Robinson’s Q&A Dec. 8th 10:30 or Dec. 9th 1:00. Invite came to your email but if you need the link, please let me know. Remember you are required to attend 2 outings for the year.Mentor Meet ups are a great place for new learning coaches to get their wings! Here are the dates for the rest of the year. A kmail will come to families on the day of each MMU with the link. 12/15/15, 1/6/16, 1/21/16, 2/2/16, 2/16/16, 3/1/16, 3/24/16, 4/5/16, 4/28/16, and 5/10/16.
TOPS STAFF DIRECTORY: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mOk4TKKXnzpLTbborWndNW6UBTEmz5YkOXNKKEdfBnY/edit?usp=sharing
READ ACADEMIC SERVICES NEWSLETTER: Located in your K12 Training Account
K12 TX CALL PLAN CALLS: See Outlook Reminder for Decile Info.
K12 TRAINING INFORMATION
-This year K12 National Professional Development sessions are encouraged, but not required.-The Teach Like a Champion “Systems and Routines” series is required. Please space out the sessions and have them all complete by May 1st, 2016.
There are 6 sessions (1 live and 5 asynchronous). These can be completed in any order.
Don't forget to log in and read the Academic Services Newsletter!
Promising Practices Conference
Save the Date:
Thursday, February 25th
Mark your calendars and enroll for the event in K12Training.
Engaging the Learner, the Parent, the Teacher
The K12 Promising Practices Conference is an opportunity for school practitioners to
share their current evidenced based programs and activities targeted at improving
(rigor in) schools.
This February, K12 will host an online conference showcasing the promising practices
of schools and individuals engaging in intentional actions to elevate the academic
and personal development of all students. The event will include opening remarks by
a panel of K12 Teacher Ambassadors, Mentors and Instructional Coaches, short
presentations, workshops, and a poster exhibit hall.
All sessions are led by the experts in the field: you and your colleagues! If you are interested in presenting please submit a proposal-
ACTION ITEM: See email from Katie Skillrud
Every school year, employees of Texas schools are required to take several courses in order to comply with state and federal laws. Below is a list of Region 10 Compliancy courses all staff will need to complete by COB January 31, 2016.
- Follow the attached directions on how to create a Region 10 account. Although we are TOPS, when you create your region 10 account, you will select TXVA’s district and school per attached instructions.
- Click on “Online Learning Center”
- Click on “Courses” and select “Compliance Training”. Here is a list of what courses you will need to complete:
- Diabetes Overview – 1.0 CPE
- Blood borne Pathogens – 2.0 CPE
- Child Abuse, Sexual Abuse, and Other Maltreatment of Children – 1.0 CPE
- Bullying Prevention for Administrators, Teachers and Staff – 2.0 CPE
- Legal Issues: FERPA and Copyright Law – 1.0 CPE
- Legal Issues: Section 504 Updated – 1.0 CPE
- Suicide Prevention: Don’t Keep It a Secret – 2.0 CPE
- Teen Dating Violence Prevention – 1.0 CPE
Texas Certified Staff Only (Teachers/Counselors/Principals – anyone with Texas Educator Certification):
- Texas Educator Code of Ethics – 1.0 CPE
- Save the certificate when you complete each course and follow the attached directions on how to upload it into SharePoint
- Fill out the completion survey, instructions are also attached.
A Special Thanks From the Testing Team to YOU!
Thank you so much for all of your hard work at our test sites this week. You continue to make such a positive difference in the lives of our students every day! We greatly appreciate you carrying this enthusiasm and love for our students and schools to the test sites. Thank you, thank you!!
SEND A SPECIAL "PAWS FOR PRAISE" TO YOUR WELL-DESERVED STUDENTS!
Kudos From Your Students!
Submitting a Ticket to the Help Desk
We wish you the very best in your new endeavors. Please keep in touch with us after you leave. We love you!
Lindsey Hernandez (HS Advisor) - Last day is January 6th email@example.com
Renae Rose (HS English)- Last Day is January 15th firstname.lastname@example.org
2ND FRIDAY OF THE MONTH: Staff Meeting and Professional Development
3RD FRIDAY OF THE MONTH: Committee Mtgs. / DDI Check-Ins
4TH FRIDAY OF THE MONTH: Team Meeting
For Your Information
K12 Clubs: We need to be sure all teachers and advisors are sharing the information about our student clubs for our students who are interested in building social relationships with other students through shared interests.www.k12.com/k12-student-clubs
Staff Directory: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11W5O4tiRW0oGdZL7pGgJs44OkOAKEOAKdrEat5XDCTU/edit#gid=0