CALVIN PARK UPDATE
April 27, 2020
We are all continuing to work hard to support all of our students and families throughout this remote learning period. On Sunday, the Minister of Education announced that the school closure will be extended until May 31, 2020. We understand that learning at home is very different from learning in the classroom and that there are many factors that impact your child's learning at home. We encourage you to please reach out to us if you or your child have concerns or are struggling. We want to stress that your mental, physical and emotional wellbeing are priorities at this time. Staff are available through email and Google Classrooms. Ms. Martin is also monitoring our school phone so you could also call and leave a message for us. Our school email is checked daily, so you could also email the school at email@example.com if you need to get in touch with us.
Please continue to check these Limestone District School Board platforms for the most up-to-date information from our Board.
LDSB Website https://www.limestone.on.ca/
LDSB Twitter: https://twitter.com/LimestoneDSB
LDSB Facebook https://tinyurl.com/wbhjtku
LDSB Instagram https://instagram.com/limestonedsb/
In addition, please follow our Calvin Park Twitter account: @CalvinPark_LDSB or https://twitter.com/CalvinPark_LDSB
We are looking forward to being together again but know that can't happen yet. In the meantime, take care of each other, be kind, and stay well,
The Calvin Park Staff
GET IN THE SPIRIT!
If you would like to share what learning at home looks like for you and be included in the Weekly Update, please email your photos to Mrs. Suriyuth (firstname.lastname@example.org)
THE FOOD SHARING PROJECT
LEARNING AT HOME RESOURCES
Parents' Guide to Google Classroom
IMPORTANT - Login Change for Office 365 and Google Suite
Access to Online Reading
Accessing SORA E-Books and Audio Books on an iPad or Personal Device
2. Click on the SORA app on your iPad screen
3. Click on Find My School
4. Click “My School Isn’t Listed”
5. Type “Eastern Ontario Public Schools” or “Limestone”
6. In the drop down menu, click Limestone District
7. Enter your active directory username and password (LDSB credentials)
Accessing SORA E-Books and Audio Books on a Computer/Chromebook
2. Click on Find My School
3. Click “My School Isn’t Listed”
4. Type “Eastern Ontario Public Schools” or “Limestone”
5. In the drop down menu, click Limestone District
6. Enter your active directory username and password (LDSB credentials)
Accessing E-Books and Audio Books through KFPL (Public Library)
WELL BEING - STAYING SAFE AND HEALTHY
Resources for Talking with Young People about COVID-19
Our Board and school use several electronic tools to communicate with families. The tools are part of the SchoolMessenger app which we use to share information by text, phone or email. In order to receive these messages you need to set up a SchoolMessenger account on your computer, tablet and/or by downloading the SchoolMessenger app on your smartphone. Once you register, you can set your preferences for receiving messages. This system uses contact information in our school database that you shared at the beginning of the year. Please inform the school of changes to contact info (phone numbers, email, and/or address) by emailing us at email@example.com
Learn how to:
- Set up a SchoolMessenger App account: set up your account, review your contact information and communication preferences, join teacher-instant messaging groups, and view all your alerts and messages in one place. Watch the video tutorial.
- Use the Communicate broadcast tool: choose how you will receive alerts including how to opt-in for text messaging. Watch the video tutorial.
- Use the Board mobile app: how to choose your schools, see your messages and report and review student absences. Watch the video tutorial.
Subscribe to school calendars: receive email alerts or download calendars or individual events to your personal calendar