Learning at Home - Week Four
Message from Principal Jackson
As we move into week four of Learning at Home, I hope that you and your families are all doing well and enjoying time together.
Our teachers are working hard to adjust to the new learning platforms and resources and we appreciate your hard work and support. This is challenging for everyone and we appreciate all the the work you are putting in to support your children during this time!
Teachers are communicating on a regular basis - working to ensure we speak to every family every week! Please make sure you are staying in touch and letting us know how to best support you and your children during these difficult times.
We are also moving to schedule some live social times per grade level in the weeks to come. Please keep an eye out for the Zoom invites!
In the below note you will find some updates from the school, including more details about what distance learning will look like moving forward!
As always, please reach out with any questions or concerns.
Distance Learning Plan
Here is what to expect from teachers/staff:
- Lessons to be posted/shared on Monday's by noon. (WHY? This will allow families with multiple children and one device or those who lack internet to be able to have equitable access to the instruction.)
- ECE students can expect periodic morning meetings, ideas for centers/science and discovery, and read alouds to be shared.
- K-2 Students to receive ELA and Math lessons, as well as at least two special subjects each week. DCPS packets will be used to support Science/Social Studies.
- 3-5 Students to receive ELA, Math, Science, and Social Studies Lessons, as well as at least 2 special subjects week.
- Work Packet virtual assistance, as needed.
- Teachers and staff being available to assist with student work during daily office hours.
What we need from you:
- Ensure that your student is logging in to the platforms that each teacher is using.
- REACH OUT when you need assistance - we are here to help!
- Do the best that you can! We are ALL new to the Learning From Home aspect of distance learning. All that we can ask is that you are doing the best that you can and that you are staying in communication with the school.
Packet Pick up
Week 4 and 5 packet pick up will occur on Tuesday (4/14) and Wednesday (4/15) from 8:30am - 2:00pm.
Haven't Heard from us yet?
Please do not hestitate to let AP Townsend and I know how we can best support.