The Weekly Roar
May 14, 2023
It's State Testing Time
This week, our 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders will participate in our state-wide standardized testing. Here are some important tips:
- Come to school everyday May 17-31.
- Please arrive on time.
- Please avoid scheduling appointments in the morning.
- Students should sleep 8-10 hours each night
- Each a healthy breakfast
- Try not to put too much pressure on your child. Tell them that it's their time to show off all that they know!
Below is a letter that provides more information about state testing and helpful links.
In this newsletter:
- This Week at La Ballona
- How Can I Support My Child at School
- Around the School
- Information for 5th Grade Families
- Community Support & Events
- Green Tip of the Week
- Important Dates
Dr. Becky Godbey
Last Chance! Survey Deadline Extended!
50% of our families have completed the Parent Survey! Thank you! We want the rest of you to complete it as well. We will keep the survey open for a few more days.
We'd like all families to complete this La Ballona Survey. Here is the Link:
English Survey: https://tinyurl.com/k4zjt54r
- You may also use this QR Codes to access the Survey.
- After you complete the anonymous survey, there is an option to sign up for a raffle to win a gift card. The survey only takes 20 minutes.
Nos gustaría que todas las familias completaran esta Encuesta de La Ballona. Aqui esta el link:
Encuesta española: https://tinyurl.com/yck76zkf
- También puede usar este Código QR para acceder a la Encuesta.
- Después de completar la encuesta anónima, hay una opción para inscribirse en una rifa para ganar una tarjeta de regalo. La encuesta solo toma 20 minutos.
1. This Week at La Ballona
Monday, May 16th
4th & 5th Walking Field Trip to Robert Frost Performance
Lockdown Drill, 2:15
Tuesday, May 17th
Wednesday, May 18th
Thursday, May 19th
Friday, May 20th
2. How Can I Support My Child in School?
LB PTA May Cultural Calendar
Guidance Counselor Open House Presentation
Got a Message for Your Child?
3. Around the School
La Ballona Library Updates
Important End-Of-Year Library Dates from Mrs. Mehl -
- May 27 - Last day to check out library books.
- May 31 - Library will be closed for classroom use for the remainder of the school year. It will be open for returns only.
- June 3 - All library books are due*
*What do I do about a lost library book?
purchase a replacement from Amazon or a bookstore. This is preferable over sending cash/check because then the replacement book will go directly to our school library.
If the exact same book is not available, you may purchase a similar book or choose one from our Amazon Wishlist, and I will count that as a replacement.
If you have any questions or need more information, please email me at email@example.com.
Attention 4th Grade Parents- Math Pathway
Wednesday Principal Assembly
4. Information for 5th Grade Families
5. Community Support & Events
STAR Summer Camp registration now open!
SAVE THE DATE LA BALLONA FAMILIES! Our next restaurant fundraiser is coming up on May 16th & 17th at Wise Sons Jewish Delicatessen. 15% of your purchase will go back to the PTA at no extra cost to you. Please see the flyer below for more details.
La Ballona Cultural Celebration-June 3rd
Do you have a food truck, restaurant, or food business to offer food for sale at the event? Do You have a special recipe that you can make and donate for our "snack around the world: food stand? Do you know a dance from your culture that you would like to teach in partnership with our dance instructor? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com to help out and be a part of this amazon upcoming event at La Ballona.
6. Green Tip of the Week
7. Important Dates (New Dates in Bold)
- May 30- Memorial Holiday, No School
- June 3- La Ballona Cultural Celebration, 6pm (School-wide Event)
- June 9- 5th Grade Promotion, 9:30am
- June 10- Kinder Celebration, 9:00am
- June 10- Field Day, 1st-5th grades
- June 10- Last Day of school, Early Dismissal