Soaring Over MDE
Friday, November 5, 2021
Independent Study Request (non-COVID related)
- Independent Study (I.S.) requests need to be filled out in the office by a guardian, at least 5- school days PRIOR to the student being absent.
- Independent Study request are not automatically approved-the principal reserves the right to deny a request.
- The maximum number of (I.S.) days permitted over the course of the year, is 20-school days.
- If the student's assignments are not completed and turned in on the first day the student returns to campus after an I.S., the absences will be marked as unexcused.
- It is at the teacher's discretion if the work that the student turns in meets the requirements as set forth in the Independent Study contract.
* Names submitted and recognized by the City of Clayton: Do the Right Thing.
Returning to School After Being Ill
Thank you for your continued diligence monitoring your children who have been ill this year. I wanted to follow up with a reminder about the district protocols regarding students returning to school when they are ill. Also, there are new COVID testing times provided by the district that are all free of charge. To utilize the free testing you need to sign up first through the district website. Here is the link:
The "Return to School Guidelines” have remained the same so far this year. Students who have been absent or leave school with COVID like symptoms may not return for in-person instruction until they have met CDPH criteria to return to school for those with symptoms:
- At least 24 hours have passed since the resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications: AND
- Other symptoms have improved: AND
- They have a negative test for SARS-CoV-2, OR a healthcare provider has provided documentation that the symptoms are typical of their underlying chronic condition (e.g. allergies or asthma) OR a healthcare provider has confirmed an alternative named diagnosis ( e.g. Strep throat, Coxsackie virus), OR at least 10 days have passed since symptom onset.
FDA at home COVID testing kits are not accepted. The district has free testing: See HERE.
Report cards will not be printed (unless asked in the office.) Report Cards will be viewable at 12am on 11/19.
1-Dia de los Muertos
11-Veteran's Day- NO SCHOOL
15-18-International Festival's week (done in school)
November 22-26-Thanksgiving Break-No School
20-January 4-Winter Recess-No School