Shining The Way Award
Congratulations to Nick Martinez for being selected as the Jimmy Johns Student of the Week!
Featured Cool Cat
Title: Principal's secretary
Years Worked at Hartman: 8
Previous Employment: L.P. Waters Early Childhood Center, Greenville Herald Banner
Family: Married, 3 biological children, 3 children by marriage, 4 grandchildren, 1 great grandchild
What she loves most about Hartman: the people and the students
What she likes to do when she's not at school: computer games
Favorite team: Dallas Cowboys
Hobbies: cooking, reading, watching movies after church
Favorite place to visit: Portland, Oregon
21 Day Healthy Snack Challenge
1. Make one or two changes. Start small. You're human and you're busy. Pick one or two ideas that you feel are manageable and go for it!
2. Cook at home. Most fast food restaurants are very unhealthy. If you eat at home you have likely made a better choice.
3. Get your children involved in cooking. Kids are typically more excited to eat something they have helped prepare.
4. Let your children pick out healthy food and snacks at the grocery store. You might be surprised what they are willing to try if they have selected it!
5. Keep healthy foods and snacks available. When kids are truly hungry they will eat what is on hand, even if it's healthy!
Hartman School Counselor
Cool Cats Enjoying Healthy Snacks!
3rd Graders Presenting Science Fair Projects
The Hartman pops choir put on an outstanding concert! Thank you to Mrs. Erin Parker for all of her hard work and time.
Monday, January 18th: No School
Tuesday, January 19th: CTA Honor Choir 2:30pm
Tuesday, January 19th: WISD Science Fair @ WEHS
Wednesday, January 20th: Early release day, Mapping Your Future
Thursday, January 21st: 1st Grade Moon Night 6:45-8pm
Friday, January 22nd: 21 Day Healthy Snack Challenge Rally 2:00
Monday, January 25th: McDonald's Night 5-7pm
Thursday, January 28th: Hartman family engagement night 5-7pm
Friday, January 29th: K-4 Awards Assembly 1:45
Friday, January 29th: GT Field Trip
Wednesday, February 3rd: Wylie Way Grit follow up day
Wednesday, February 3rd: 100th day of school
Friday, February 12th: Valentine's Day parties 1:45-2:15
Monday, February 15th: No school for students, professional development for staff
Friday, February 19th: 4th Symphony field trip, 8-11:30am
Friday, February 26th: 80's costume day, pep rally 1:45
February 29th-March 4th: WISD college week