The Rigsby Reader 10.20.14
Updates from Room 311
Boosterthon: Collection and Prizes
Prizes! The students have earned the following from meeting our goals (in addition to what we have already cashed in! If you would like to sponser/lead one of these activities- please let me know. I'd love for parents to fill water balloons, bring ice cream cones/cupcakes. I'll have Anna Warren (room representative) follow up with you.
- Mrs. Rigsby has Dark Purple Hair This Week. (ay yi yi)
- 30 Minutes on the Chromebooks
- Decorating Cupcake Party
- Lunch on the Picnic Tables
- Throw Water Balloons at Mrs. Rigsby
- No Homework Pass
- Bring Your Own Tech to play on (45 Min)
- PJ Day
- Ice Cream (I'm thinking Ice Cream Bars/Popsicles on the day we eat outside and throw water balloons at me)
At Home Volunteer Needed: NC Cookies
- Could you bake 30 NC Shaped sugar cookies and send them in? (I have the cookie cutter!)
- Are you interested in sending in frosting? (we need 3 different colors)
- Could you send in chocolate chips to represent the mountains?
- Would you like to come and help the class at 11am on Thursday?
Email email@example.com and let me know how you can help!
What We Are Learning
- Flexible Math Groups: Factors & Multiples
- Reading: Flexible Reading Groups: Character Traits
- Science: 1st Quarter: Animal Adaptation Unit
- Social Studies: 3 Regions of North Carolina
Dates to Remember:
- October 21st: Fun Run Pledges Due!
- October 22nd: End of 1st Quarter
- October 24, 27: No School! (We do have school on TUESDAY!)
- October 30th: Report Cards Go Home
- October 31st: Dress like your Favorite BOOK Character!