September 12, 2016
A Principal's Perspective
The picture below says it all! We Got This! What a smooth, successful first three weeks! The weeks have been action packed. Thank you for being all in for a super start to the year. This Smore is lengthy due to attachments so I am keeping this section short. Please take time to read this Smore so you will be in the know on campus happenings.
Be Innovative - Design the possibilities!
Morning Duties of the Week
Morning Assembly (7:20): Glunk
Gym (7:20): Grant
Cafeteria (7:20): Jankowski
Bus (7:15 - Buses/ Cafeteria after all buses arrive): Murphy
Parent Drop Off Direct Traffic (7:20): Prukop
Parent Drop Off Car Doors (7:20): Piscacek & Lake
Counselor Schedule: 1st & 2nd
Librarian: at GP
Week at a Glance
Campus Social Focus: Mustang Spirit (video link: http://safari.csisd.org/SAFARI/generated/embedlinks/fe133a14a132a0b63a5df0a35edd1bd1.mp4 )I in SPIRIT is Include Others
Friday: Education Foundation donations due to Charla Anderson or Central Office if you would like to participate.
Monday: Wear Blue
Tuesday: Wear Purple; Faculty Meeting (Classroom Teachers, CAMP, SPED Teachers, & Specialists) 3:20 Cafeteria
Wednesday: Wear Pink; Tech & Specialists' Open Office Hours 3:15-4:15; Math Fluency Meeting (reps from each grade level) in science lab 3:15-4:15
Thursday: Wear Black; Brave 3:15-4:15
Friday: Wear GP Brown Shirts (students) & Staff: Red Boosterthon Shirts; Boosterthon Glow Run during grade level CAMP times - Teachers, SPED, Specialists please attend and participate during a CAMP time; Flu Shots 7:00-8:30 in the science lab
News & Notes
- GP Social Dues: Dues are $25 for full-time staff, $12.50 for part-time staff and $15 for paraprofessionals. Please pay your grade level Social Rep. Our goal is to collect all the dues by Monday, October 31st.
- CSISD District Zoning Meetings:
-Monday, September 12, 2016 - 5:30 p.m. - CSISD Boardroom
- T-Tess & ATR Goals: Due Monday, September 26th, in Talent Ed.
- Office Hours: Wanting to talk with a specialist about a struggling student? Need more information and strategies before taking a student to SIT? Want to talk about a lesson? Need help with a technology program, app or computer? We can help! Open "office" hours will be on Wednesdays from 3:15-4:15 provided by our reading specialists, math specialist and campus tech coordinator (Chris Parr). Please utilize their expertise to support you as you learn and grow professionally and to support your struggling students.
- Welcome: Welcome Kristi Egli, our new Life Skills teacher! Kristi is coming to us from Pebble Creek. Her room # will be 502 in the kindergarten hallway. We are glad that Kristi will be joining our school family! Nicole Powell, Kids Klub director at GP, will be interning as an administrative intern. You will see Nicole attend meetings and participate in projects on our campus. Welcome Nicole to the admin team!
- Cain Road: We have about 16 students living in the duplexes on Cain Road. The families have received a notice that their lease will not be renewed. They rent month to month leases. They have until early October to move. I wanted to share this with you so that you have insight as why a student may be upset, exhibiting escalated behavior, restless, not focusing, etc. As always, we want to provide a safe and secure place both physically and emotionally for our students especially as these students experience a family crisis.
- United Way: As a district we support three community non-profits: United Way, Brazos Food Bank and Relay for Life Cancer Benefit. We are partnering with Pebble Creek Elementary to celebrate the official last day of summer (officially ending at 10:21 a.m. on Sept. 22nd) and providing funds for the United Way through the United Way Youth Cabinet. Students can pay $1 to wear a hat and a vacation shirt. Staff members can donate a minimum of $1 to wear a hat, vacation shirt and shorts! Yes, we are celebrating the end of summer and hello fall! If you would like to participate, there will be a brown envelope outside Bonnie's door, please donate and mark off your name. Student teachers and method students are encouraged to play too! A note will be sent home with students in Monday folders on 9/19th.
To SIT or Not To SIT? That is the Question!
All About the Social Committee
PTO Boosterthon - Please Take Note & Action!
Mustang Yee Haws!
* Cindy Wellman has another grandbaby! Her new granddaughter, Julia Collette, weighed 7 lb 12 oz, and was 20 1/2 inches long. Mom and baby are doing well!