Around The World
Most of England consists of British, Scottish, Welsh, English, and N.Irish people.
Average Income in England is £26,500 which is approximately $381,363 U.S. dollars. Average winters are 40 degrees Fahrenheit and 60 degrees Fahrenheit in the summers. The United Kingdom is the world's 8th biggest tourist destination, with 34.4 million visiting in 2014.
Englands Pop Culture
TOP 10 SONGS IN ENGLAND:1. I Took A Pill In Ibiza by Mike Posner
2. 7 Years by Lukas Graham
3. Work Form Home by Fifth Harmony
4. Lush Life by Zara Larsson
5. Say You Do by Sigala
6. Work by Rihanna ft. Drake
7. Fast Car by Jonas Blue & Dakota
8. Cheap Thrills by Sia
9. Girls Like by Tinie Tempah
10. PILLOWTALK by Zayn Malik
Famous Person-Julie Andrews
Julie Andrews is an English film and stage actress, singer, author, theatre director and dancer. Andrews, a former child actress and singer, appeared on the West End in 1948, and made her Broadway debut in a 1954 production of The Boy Friend. She rose to prominence starring in musicals such as My Fair Lady and Camelot, both of which earned her Tony Award nominations. In 1957, she appeared on television with the title role in the musical Cinderella, which was seen by over 100 million viewers. She made her feature film debut in Mary Poppins (1964), with her performance in the title role winning her the Academy Award for Best Actress.
-80,000 umbrellas are expected to be lost annually in the London tube.
-There are over 30,000 people with the name John Smith in England.
-England has the highest rate of obesity in Europe.
-England brought the world soccer, rugby and polo.
-The first fish and chips restaurant was opened in 1860 by a Jewish immigrant.
-England is 74 times smaller than the USA.
-The Beatles originally called themselves the Blackjacks, and then the Quarrymen.
-Other famous musicians/bands include: The Smiths, New order, Queen, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, The Sex Pistols, The Cure, Black Sabbath, The Who, The Clash, Radiohead, Coldplay, Muse, Pink Floyd…(the list goes on and on!)
-Bristol is known as the “Seattle of England” because of its youth culture and fashion.
-England is thought of as having the world’s worst food.
Famous Attraction: Big Ben
- Each dial is seven metres in diameter
- The minute hands are 4.2 metres long and weigh about 100kg (including counterweights)
- The numbers are approximately 60cm long
- There are 312 pieces of glass in each clock dial
- A special light above the clock faces is illuminated when parliament is in session
- Big Ben's timekeeping is strictly regulated by a stack of coins placed on the huge pendulum.
- Big Ben has rarely stopped. Even after a bomb destroyed the Commons chamber during the Second World War, the clock tower survived and Big Ben continued to strike the hours.
Bubble & Squeak
A dish with cooked cabbage fried with cooked potatoes and often meat.
Toad in a hole
A traditional British dish consisting of sausages in Yorkshire pudding batter, usually served with vegetables and onion gravy.
Fish N' Chips
My personal favorite, fish and chips is a hot dish of English origin, and is an early example of culinary fusion. consisting of fried battered fish, and chips also known as the American french fry.