October 3, 2023
Early Release: October 13, 2023 (12:25)
School pictures taken at MOUNT PLEASANT ACADEMY on 09/28/2023 are now available for parents to view and order online.
School Pictures are Ready!
View and order at https://shop.jostenspix.com/login
- MOUNT PLEASANT ACADEMY
- Event Code: FE82723
- Secure access code via email
Also, you should receive an email from JostensPIX within 24 hours with a link to the JostensPIX website.
Student photos are automatically linked to their parent's email address, and parents with multiple students will be able to see all their students with one login. This is also a more convenient way for parents to view and order. Should the parent or guardian log in using a different email that was provided, they will need to request approval from the school before being able to access the images
Fall T-Shirt Orders
Welcome to MPA:
- Amanda Mendez from our CD classroom is now co-teaching with Mrs. Evans in first grade. She has earned her teaching certificate and is in her first official year of teaching.
- Jennifer Waldron and Kerry Gholson are both part of our SAIL team this year. They will be working with 3rd and 5th grade classes
- Morgan Dyer has moved to our CD team. She is working with Mrs. Keel.
- We are in the process of hiring Deginae Holloway for Mrs. G's Low Incidence Program. Mrs. Holloway is coming to us from Frierson Montessori School. She joins Mrs. G and Mrs. Betty. Mrs. Holloway will be joining us early next week.
- We have 2 additional special education assistant positions available. We have spoken to a few candidates and are waiting for a response. If you know someone who would love to support students in this program. Please reach out.
We want to shout out our cleaning crew! Thanks for all you do!
Check out the great things happening in our special area classes. Ask your child what they learned in music this week.
Save the dates:
- October 9 - 13: All second-grade SAIL testing
- October 11: MPA Spirit Night Cantina 76 from 4:00 - 8:00
- October 13: Early Release for Students - (dismissal 12:25) - Wear Pink Day
- October 16 - 20: Fall Bookfair
- October 17 (6 pm - 7:30 pm): MPA Family Night
- October 23: Kindergarten Field Trip - Boone Hall Pumpkin Patch
- October 27: Casual Day
- October 27: Half Day dismissal @10:40 AM
The MPA Bookfair is coming!
Here is the link to the online fair, if you would like to get a jump on purchasing gifts for the holidays. You can also purchase gift certificates to make your child's shopping a breeze!
Every child will visit the book fair during their normal library time that week.
Bookfair - Monday, October 16 - Friday, October 20
Family Night - Tuesday, October 17th
6:00 - 7:30 PM
Online Companion Fair
As a payment method that can’t get lost in a backpack, digital gift cards are a useful tool for parents and teachers.
Learn More >
Literati Kids Book Clubs
This ongoing fundraiser helps students build essential reading skills all year long. Find out how it works!
Learn More >
From the Principal:
I have a few brief messages and reminders for everyone:
- Fox on the Playground: If you have first or second-graders, you may have heard about the fox on the playground during recess. I want to let you know that we immediately moved the students to a different area to play, called animal control, and made sure we stayed away for today. Animal control could not find the fox when they arrived. However, no one was bitten, scratched, or hurt by our new neighbor. We are currently looking into ways to give our fox friends a safe place and keep them off of the playground during recess. In the meantime, we will check the playground before recess begins to make sure the children are all alone. We will update you soon. Be careful out there, I heard there is a den of foxes hanging out in the OV.
- Progress Reports 3rd - 5th grade: Parents should have gotten an email Friday evening with the link to see their child's interim progress report. If you did not get the link please check your spam folders. It would have been sent to the parent designated when you re-registered for school this fall.
- Progress Reports CD - 2nd grade: We had a technical issue with sending out these interim reports. We are working with PowerSchool to get this resolved. We will update you when we have a response.
- Teachers' Learning & Growing: This is an unprecedented year for teachers. They have more time to plan and grow professionally than ever before. This additional professional growth and development time is such a win for students, but you may notice that your child's teacher is out more than in years past. I want to assure you that everything is okay. I know that some parents are worried that their child's teacher may be out sick or that something is going on personally. I want to ease your mind. We are doing great things for your children.
- Thank you, Groves families: This past Thursday, families from The Groves neighborhood treated teachers to lunch from Chicken Salad Chick. I want to pass along our appreciation and thanks. This was a special treat.
As always, take care of yourself.