Save our Earth
Ways to reduce, reuse, and recycle
- I can recycle my paper
- I can take shorter showers
- I can try to throw out less things that are recyclable
The History of Earth Day
A man named Gaylord Nelson decided that he did not want to live in a world with no tress so he went to the president at that time, John F. Kennedy and convinced him to go on a five day 11 state tour to talk about our environment. Even though it was not to big of a success Mr. Nelson did not give up. He talked to people in 25 different states. After many attempts to get people to care they finally started to help. On March 21, 1971 Earth day was established as a official international holiday.
- When you recycle a six pack of cans that saves enough energy to power an average for five miles!
- From a recycled plastic bottle you can save enough energy to power a 60 watt light bulb for 6 hours!
- You eliminate 37 pounds of carbon emissions from the air every time you recycle 10 pounds of aluminum.