January 18th - January 22nd
No School Monday January 18th in Honor of Martin Luther King Jr Day
Stellar Ski Club
Join the Stellar Ski Club and hit the slopes starting in January!
Transportation is not provided. All participants should meet in the upper lodge at 8:30 AM to get your lift tickets. Delays in arrival will keep other students from being able to start their ski days, so please be prompt.
Gear rentals must be picked up as a group at 8:45 in the rental shop.
Payment for each visit is due 72 hours before the ski date; you will receive an invoice ahead of time.
Here is the pricing for this year:
Surface Lift Tickets: $10
Chairlift Tickets: $30
Chaperone Tickets: $39
*First time skiers and snowboarders take two lessons and get a surface chairlift ticket on their first visit. After that, they typically take one lesson and get a chairlift ticket.
And here is the sign-up link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdirUfRaCD6WaUHyl-k5vF2vTyFm6yDW-n4y_yfJS8e2-9oWw/viewform
Accelerated Reader Goals Achieved
Congratulations to Sophia Klima for reaching her AR goal for the 1st semester. Monday (1/11/21) is the 1st day of the 2nd semester and goals will be reset and students can start earning AR points towards their goals again. If you make your goal you can pick out of the "Prize Box" and a climbing figure with your name on it will be placed on the "mountain" in the display case!
Hotline launched to support Shasta County parents and caregivers through COVID-19
To reach the Hotline for Hope, call 710-8609
The Hotline for Hope is intended to offer caregivers support to deal with stressful situations from trained professionals through the pandemic and will not serve as a crisis hotline. Parents and caregivers can discuss issues like:
- Building healthy relationships between caregivers and their children
- Creating sensitive, responsive interactions between caregivers and their children
- Talking through feelings of isolation
- Providing tips for helping children be happier, more optimistic, and motivated
- Discussing stress and uncertainty during this unprecedented time
- Providing caregivers with techniques to talk to children about COVID-19 and the pandemic
- Providing advice and tools for positive parenting and a hope-focused approach
- Building self-esteem and confidence in caregivers' skills and ability to set children up for future success
- Creating strategies for distance learning and returning to the classroom
- Caregivers' mental health — feeling depression, anxiety, anger, and guilt — due to the stresses of COVID-19 and being connected to valuable community resources
Rare Genes Day! and Bike-A-Thon!!
Sign up for the North State Parent Magazine Emails
Make Sure You See Our Emails
Follow these simple tips:
- Simply add email@example.com to your address book.
- Open your spam folder; if you find an email from North State Parent open it and mark it as "Not spam"
ALL HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS INVITED!
Every Friday FROM 9-10 a.m.(Virtually for now) with Mrs. Arsenault
Beginning January 8th!
STELLAR CHARTER SCHOOL
Collaborate with other students ,make decisions, plan events and so much more!!!
New! Horticulture Elective!
How to sign up?
3rd and 5th Graders - Thursdays from 2-3 pm. Contact the Office for sign ups!