The Leopard Link
Lovejoy High School - Newsletter-September 2, 2022
PICTURE MAKE UP DAY
The photographer will be back at Lovejoy High School on September 9th for picture make up day.
See below for times and locations:
- Underclassmen will have photos taken during lunch period, 11:10-12:35 in the cafeteria.
- Senior photos will be taken from 8:30-10:30 in the main gym foyer. Seniors must sign up for a time slot HERE
Senior Projects - Class of 2023
Attention Senior Class of 2023!
Our 2022-2023 LHS Seniors will submit a video presentation for their senior project this year.
While some areas of the senior project website are currently being updated, dates for senior video submissions and grading timelines are posted, along with a senior project form to submit questions.
Seniors who wish to have their project evaluated during the December dates, should select December 1st as a submission date. Seniors who wish to have their project evaluated in March, should select the submission date of March 1st. Here is the sign-up link (please see the link below and each Senior can pick their preferred submission date).
We look forward to seeing the amazing things our seniors have been working on as a capstone to their senior year!
If you have a student driver that will be driving to school, please make sure they have registered to park on campus. We have had a few students that have not registered or have parked in the wrong parking space. Parking in the wrong space can cause a trickle effect for students who have reserved spaces. We appreciate your assistance with this matter.
Just a few reminders:
- All students parking on campus should have a sticker
- Student sticker should be located at the bottom right window of passenger side
- Students need to make sure they are parking in the correct numbered space
- Temporary tags are available if your student needs to drive a different car than the one that is registered.
If a car is in your student's space when they arrive, they can park in the front of the campus and report it to the Admin Assistant, Mrs. Martinez.
If your student hasn’t registered to park yet and would still like to, please click on the link below.
Attendance Reminders and Updates
All families should have received their campus’ Beginning of Year Truancy Letter, via Bright Arrow. We felt that it was important to follow up with additional information.
In addition to the Compulsory Attendance Law that was addressed in the letter, there is also the 90% law; state law mandates that a student is in attendance at least 90 percent of the academic year.
In order to receive credit for a final grade in a class, a student is required to attend 90% of the days a class is offered, regardless of whether the student’s absences are excused or unexcused.
All absences count towards the 90% law and Truancy, except for the following absences with the proper documentation:
- Religious Holidays with written request prior to the absence
- Attending a required court appearance
- UIL eligible absences- Educational Competition administered by school staff
- Academic, Athletic, and music contests (uiltexas.org)
- Medical-Related absences, when the student attended a portion of the school day and presents documentation from the health care professional for the same day
- All day Medical-Related absences do NOT exempt a student from the 90% law or Truancy. Medical Documentation for a full day absence is only used in consideration by the Attendance Committee)
- Sounding “Taps” at a military honors funeral held in Texas
Attendance notes for an absence must be submitted to your student’s campus no later than 5 school days after the absence. Notes will NOT be accepted after the 5th day, and your student’s attendance will not be changed.
Absence notification timeline, all absences are counted, (excused and unexcused):
- A letter will be sent home if your student is absent 3 times in a 4 week period
- Another letter will be sent home once the student has accrued 6 absences
- Intervention will begin with the campus attendance committee
- A 10 day letter will be sent home once the student accrues 10 absences
- Your student can be referred to Truancy Court
Although we know that students will get sick or other challenges may arise during the school year, consistent and timely school attendance is of the utmost importance. We all share the goal of enabling the students to reach their full potential and achieve all of their educational goals. The way to allow a student to reach their full potential and educational goals starts with consistent and timely attendance.
Student Sign-Out (Driver and Parent Pick Up)
If your student needs to leave campus for any reason, please send sign-out requests to LHSSignout@lovejoyisd.net. Your student will get a slip and be dismissed at the specified time. Please include the student's name, time they need to be dismissed, and any details we may need. We kindly ask that the requests are submitted as far in advance as possible.
Join us for a Q & A for Princeton University on September 16th.
Clink on the link below for times and registration information.
NEW! ParentPortal Update Needed by Friday, September 16
The PowerSchool ParentPortal is now open for you to complete the online Enrollment & Student Information Forms. Please click here to access the Parent Portal. Completion of these forms is required every year for each student, and need to be completed by Friday, September 16th.
Instructions for completion are attached.
If you need assistance with account access or password reset, please use this link . Access requests and password resets will occur during business hours: 8:30am-4:30pm. We are unable to fulfill requests after hours, holidays or weekends. You’ll be notified via email once your request is complete.
Click below for the PowerSchool Parent Portal Instructions
Letterman Jacket Program
Parents and Players:
I wanted to pass along a quick note regarding changes to our letterman jacket program.
Historically Lovejoy ISD has provided a sixty dollar credit towards Lovejoy high school letter jackets. Lovejoy ISD will no longer be providing this credit. We still will be providing the same service with letter jacket ordering through the school store.
Buy your Homecoming Dance Tickets Today!
Saturday September 17, 2022.
$20 before Sept. 2
$30 before Sept. 16
$40 at the door
Your passcode is your student ID
New to Lovejoy?
The PTSO would like to welcome you to the Lovejoy district! Please click on the invitation below for details to the Ladies Coffee on September 13, 2022