Ayers Rock, Uluru
Choice Board Activity By Elliot
What is Ayres Rock?
Ayres Rock is a massive monolith (a really big rock) in Australia. It is a sandstone rock formation in central Australia. Uluru is sacred to the Anangu, the Aboriginal people of the area. Uluru is one of natural wonders of the world. Uluru is an inselberg, literally "island mountain", an isolated remnant left after the slow erosion of an original mountain range.
How big is Uluru?
- is 348 meters (1141 feet) high
- rises 863 meters (2,831 ft) above sea level
- is 3.6 km long (2.2 miles)
- is 1.9 km wide (1.2 miles)
- is 9.4 km or 5.8 miles around the base
- covers 3.33 km