Follow Us on Twitter and Facebook for the Latest News!
MESSAGE FROM THE PRINCIPAL:
Welcome to the New Year! I am so excited to begin this New Year with you and your child. We have so many great activities planned for the 2020 school year. Our students participated in many activities last year to highlight their academic and behavior achievement. We are very proud of the success they have had so far and we can't wait to see how well they will perform for the remainder of the school year. Our teachers are working hard with your child ensuring that they are prepared for both district and state assessments. We are also very thankful for the support that you have given to us and to your child. The partnership between school and home is essential to student achievement and success. Please continue to support your child by reading with them daily, completing homework assignments and talking to your child about the importance of doing their best while at school. Holmquist is a great place to be and we are happy to serve you and your child. Happy New Year and talk to your child about Habit 1 - Be Proactive - see below
Leader In Me Habit of the Month for January
Habit 1 Be Proactive
CALENDAR of events
- Report Card Day
Friday, January 10
- Texans Day (wear your Texans jersey or shirt with jeans or uniform bottoms)
Monday, January 13
- 90th Day of School - see flyer with "what to wear" ideas
Tuesday, January 14
- 7:00-8:00 Family to Family Network for families with students in Special Education @ Taylor High School
Thursday, January 16th
- Second Payment Due for 4th Grade Austin Field Trip
Friday, January 17
- Career Day - wear your "future career" or college / Future U
Monday, January 20
- NO SCHOOL - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Tuesday, January 21
- 6:30 Public Hearing - Administration Building (during the AISD Board Meeting)
Wednesday, January 22
- Chick-fil-A Spirit Night 4pm - 6pm
Thursday, January 23
- 5:30-6:45 Student Council Winter Dance
Monday, January 27
- 99th day of school - J.J. Watt Day!!
Tuesday, January 29
- 100th day of school Parade
Wednesday, January 30
- 4th grade Writing DCA #1
- Progress Report Day
- next smore
ATTENDANCE - every day counts!
The following is for August 14 - December 21, 2019:
SCHOOL-WIDE: 96.46% (almost!!)
We need every student here - EVERY DAY!! Thank you to everyone!!
Holmquist mode of dress
- TOPS: White, Navy, Light Blue or Yellow, Hunter Green, Red Polo shirts, collard or Spirit Shirt
- Bottoms: Navy Blue or Khaki Uniforms pants, skirts, shorts or rompers; or dark blue or black jeans ONLY; Pants must be worn at waist-no baggy pants and students should wear a belt; skirts and shorts must touch top of knee; No faded, ripped , colored, acid wash or torn jeans allowed.
**Monday: ‘Future U or College’ T-shirt with jeans or uniform bottom
**Monday-Friday: Uniform shirt or Spirit shirt only with appropriate uniform bottom or jeans.
**Colored hair, colored braids or colored extensions are not permitted or any hairstyle that is distracting to the learning environment.
**Earrings are not allowed for boys.
January is School Board Recognition Month
The Alief ISD Board of Trustees are:
- Ann Williams (President)
- Darlene Breaux (Vice President)
- Dr. Lily Truong (Secretary)
- Jennifer Key (Assistant Secretary)
- Natasha Butler (Trustee)
- Rick Moreno (Trustee)
- G. "John" Nguyen (Trustee)
Parents with Home Access Center account:
1. Visit www.aliefisd.net/hac and log into Home Access Center
2. Once logged in, click on the Registration icon.
3. You will see a section labeled Contacts. Clock on the Edit button to the right.
4. The current contact information on file will be listed. Under Guardian,update your phone number and e-mail address.
5. Click the Save button in the upper right corner to save the changes.
Parents with no Home Access account (yet!!):
1. Visit www.aliefisd.net/hac and visit the Home Access Center portal.
2. Click the link that says "click here to register for HAC".
3. Fill in the form and click Register.
Unable to log in or locked out of your Account:
Please contact Sally Valdez (Registrar) at Holmquist to assist you with updating.
Class of the Week
Staff of the Week
STAY CONNECTED with HOLMQUIST
Follow us on Twitter: @HolmquistES
Join Remind for Important Information: Enter this number: 81010
Text this message: @kimberlyto