Come to ERG's K-5 Math Institute!
with Laney Sammons and Donna Boucher
You DON'T want to miss this!
Are you a K-5 teacher, principal, or curriculum facilitator who wants to learn more about implementing Guided Math? Our presenters Laney Sammons and Donna Boucher will provide the nuts and bolts information you need! Help your students develop numeracy, become flexible mathematical thinkers, and meet rigorous new math standards.
Featured Learning Goals:
- Learn how to effectively implement the seven components of the Guided Math framework
- Examine the Guided Math components to determine how each is used to support mathematical learning
- Explore ways to structure classroom instruction to maximize learning of all students
- Develop an understanding of how formative assessment is used to create fluid, flexible groups of students for small group lessons
- Learn how to create small group lessons to target identified student needs and allow for spontaneous differentiation when needed
K-5 Math Institute
Monday, July 25th 2016 at 8am to Thursday, July 28th 2016 at 4pm
420 High Street Southwest
The cost of this workshop is $600/person & includes the following:
- Breakfast and lunch each day
- Workshop materials
- Free parking
- Certificate of attendance for renewal credit
The Hawthorne Inn is offering a special room rate to participants of the ERG workshop (note: you must mention you are attending an ERG event when making your reservation).
- King or Two Queens: $102/night plus tax
- Deadline for reserving a room at this special rate is June 24, 2016
ERG is excited to have these expert speakers at our K-5 guided math workshop!
has taught elementary, middle, & high school, and was an instructional coach for 5 years. She developed the Guided Math framework in order to meet the needs of all of her learners.
has taught for over 20 years in grades 2-5. She served as a K-5 math instructional coach and now is a math interventionist. She runs the blog Math Coach's Corner.