WELCOME TO WALDRON ELEMENTARY
2021/2022 Preschool and Kindergarten Information
Welcome to the Tribe!
LITTLE MOHAWKS PRESCHOOL INFORMATION
Preschool Basic Information
- Little Mohawks should be 3 or 4 years of age for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Little Mohawks should be fully toilet trained during the daytime by the first day of class.
- Follows the same school calendar.
- Parents of Little Mohawks must provide transportation to and from preschool.
- Speech and occupational therapists work in the classroom weekly. Your child may be asked to participate in these activities.
- We are identified as a Child Care
Fees and Application upon contact from staff
- Child's birth certificate
- Child's immunization record
- $100 deposit
- $78 per week due the first school day of the week.
Make sure you designate Waldron Elementary School as your provider choice.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO TO REGISTER?
- Click on the link below and sign up for a time to bring your child in for screening.
- Arrive at WES with your child for the chosen screening time.
- Bring Birth Certificate and Immunization Records
- You will meet one of the teachers.
- Your child will go with the teacher to the classroom. During that time, the teacher will do an assessment of basic beginning kindergarten skills and see the classroom.
- Parents/Guardians, while your child is with the teacher, you will complete the registration process. We will have computers for your use. Mrs. Stanton will be able to answer any questions that might arise during the process.
- Once all complete, you will have an opportunity to take a quick tour of the building with one of our Student Council members.
- Receive a Welcome goody bag from the office!
*****If your child is CURRENTLY in the Little Mohawks Preschool, you do NOT have to register for a time to bring your child to screening on 4/8 and 4/9. Their screenings will take place earlier in the week during their preschool time. We will provide you with additional directions for finalizing the registration process once your child's screening is complete.
Mrs. Ashley Gonzalez
Mrs. Kathy Zerr
Mrs. Korrine Bogemann
Mrs. Jo Ellyn Stanton
School Administrative Assistant
Mrs. Kristen Hudnall
Mrs. Lisa Speidel
Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I can't bring my child on 4/8 or 4/9? Please call the school office and we can make arrangements for a different time that coordinates with everyone's schedule.
- When will we find out transportation information? Katrina Falk, our transportation director, will begin working on routes later this summer. You will receive communication from your child's bus driver. You can call the office prior to school beginning and we'll be able to assist.
- What if my child needs medication at school? You can provide over-the-counter medications to the clinic along with the administration directions. The trained office staff will administer. Medication from the doctor must be in the original bottle. A prescription is required.
- When will we know who our child's teacher is for the school year? The class list should be available by the beginning of July. Follow our social media pages for updates. Your child's teacher will reach out to each family.
- When do we receive a supply list? A supply list will be included in each Welcome bag and posted on social media throughout the summer.
- What are the school hours? M, Tu, Th, F 7:55-3:00 Wed 7:55-2:30
- What if my child needs to be absent from school? All student absences must be reported to Mrs. Stanton in the front office. Please notify us as soon as possible of any absences. You can find more detailed information about our attendance policy in the handbook included in your child's Welcome bag.
- What if my child has never been to school? We are excited to welcome all students to WES. You are your child's first teacher! We encourage you to read, read, read with your child. Reading with our children is one of the greatest gifts we can give them. Talk about the environment, colors, and sounds around them. You will also find some materials in your child's Welcome bag to help prepare them for the start of school. We are excited to partner with you on your child's educational journey.