December 18, 2019
Click Images for Quick Links
Winter Break for FCS Employees - Dec 23- Jan 2
Register Today for Mid-Year Kickoff 1.4.20
Hello my fellow Vanguardian Mountaineers! We are thrilled to announce the agenda, content, and deep-dive sessions you will select as your trek for the day! Space is limited, so please register TODAY! https://www.smore.com/8hrqc-mid-year-kick-off
Now Open to Vanchise Members!!
*Vanchise members will need to click the link above and follow the same directions to register.
8:30 AM - 3:00 PM
January 4, 2019
The GaTech Hotel & Conference Center
800 Spring St. NW, Atlanta, GA 30308
- The event will be at the Ga Tech Hotel & Conference Center! (FOOD!)
- You will earn a $100 stipend for attending!
- Prizes, prizes, & more prizes!
- Did we mention we will raffle a NEW Vanguard Lenovo Thinkpad Laptop?
- Big name presenters and empowering deep dive sessions to get you ready for amazing things the next day!
- SPACE IS LIMITED!
Session Presenters & Topics
Early Bird Stipend Funds Transfers are Complete!
All bookkeepers have received a list of eligible Vanguard members, and funds have been transferred to the school's account. If you met the requirements by November 15th, you should see your school bookkeeper about making purchases. All Early Bird Stipend recipients received an email and the Early Bird Stipend badge on December 11th.
Remember, there will be another stipend disbursement in February. In order to qualify, you must earn 70 TOTAL XP by January 31st. For instructional members, at least 35 XP must be earned in either mentoring category. Be sure to track the awesome work you are doing!
Vanguard Wishes A Very Happy Birthday to
Emily Currier 12/2
Natasha Smith 12/6
Barbara Simon 12/8
Elizabeth Speaks 12/19
Heidi Glenn 12/21
Monica O'Connell 12/21
Latoya Holt 12/22
Paul Chesher 12/25
Leondria Gray 12/29
Laschunn Gonsalves 12/30
We want to celebrate our Vanguardian family. If you would like for us to recognize your birthday, please click this link.
Nominate someone or submit your own Spotlight Vanguard Member!
Vanleads, do you see any vanguard members at your school doing something awesome? Were they struggling with a tool before and are now using it? BRAG on our Vanguard members. If you see something awesome, please submit about your team member.
Please share your success stories with us! You may see your "Spotlight" in an upcoming Vanweekly!
Flipgrid Holiday Challenge
We have put together a "5 Days of Flipgrid Christmas" challenge. Each day this week a different activity will be posted for you to complete. Complete activities to be entered into a drawing for prizes. Click here for all the info.
Bridge Innovate’s Bright Spark Program
To ignite creativity in our students, Fulton County Schools is hosting our second annual student design competition in collaboration with Bridge Innovate’s Bright Spark program, and we need volunteers to help! This year, we have sixteen teams of students in grades 4-12 from twelve schools across Fulton County registered for the 2nd Annual Bright Spark Design Competition. These teams have been tasked with developing a prototype that addresses one of three design challenges:
- How might we re-imagine the student game-day experience?
- How might we eliminate food insecurity for the children of Atlanta?
- How might we develop an innovative paper food packaging that reduces food waste?
We need industry professionals, community leaders, educators and more to serve as prototype reviewers to provide valuable feedback to the participating teams. We will also need additional volunteers to serve as room captains and help ensure the day runs smoothly.
The Fulton County Bright Spark prototype review is scheduled for February 1, 2020 from 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at Riverwood High School (5900 Raider Drive, Sandy Springs, GA 30328). If you are interested in volunteering, please complete this form to let us know that you plan to participate. Once you’ve completed the form, you will receive a confirmation email. Certainly feel free to forward this opportunity to others who may have an interest in helping. If you have any questions, please contact Heather Van Looy at Vanlooy@fultonschools.org or 470-254-6899.
Steelcase Active Learning Grant
This year, Steelcase Education will award up to 10 grant recipients with the furniture, tools and on-site services to create an Active Learning Center at their school. This package is valued at $132,000! This opportunity is open to classrooms in grades 6-12, with up to 30 students per classroom. The application deadline is February 3, 2020. Interested?
Visit https://www.steelcase.com/discover/information/education/active-learning-center-grant/ for more information.
Need help with completing your application? Email Ashley Garrison, email@example.com. Ashley is a Coordinator in the Communications Department and she oversees the Fulton County Grant Champions program. She is a grant writing expert and has offered to help anyone who is interested in applying for this opportunity.
School Lead Info
Don't forget to check out the School Leads Team and Monthly Call Channel in Teams for all of the below information and to refer to all meetings from this school year!
Here is this month's slide deck: 19-December School Lead.pptx
Key take away items for redelivery:
- School Leads Only: Remember, it is expected that you are redelivering content monthly to your teams to keep them in the loop! Our team cannot function without you! This helps us keep the lines of communication open. Reach out with questions / concerns.
- Upcoming Events! Jan. 4th Event! Grab your teammates and sign up TODAY! (link open tomorrow!)
- Encourage your team to nominate someone to spotlight (link in the VanWeekly) & here: Spotlight
- Please read over the XP Updates! We need you to help your teammates. Take a second to check their XP before the break. Also, if you are having trouble getting XP, reach out to us! We are here to help! :)
- Coaching Cycle Checklists! If you need a quick walk through - watch the video! This is a "take or toss" resource.
- Teams Tip of the Month - Using the Calendar!
- Tell us what you want featured on next month's tech tip!
The video can be found on our stream channel (soon!) or by clicking here: https://web.microsoftstream.com/video/2f62115d-259d-42d3-a867-6c5bdc552715
We made it to December! Almost time for the holiday break!
Vanguard Leadership Team
South Learning Community & Achievement Zone
Northeast Learning Community
Northwest Learning Community
Central Learning Community
Northeast Learning Community
Northwest Learning Community
Fulton County Vanguard Team
Vision: Through building colaborative relationships and supporting student focused learning, the Vanguard Team will positively impact student achievement.
Pillars: Transform, Innovate, Mentor, & Support (TIMS)