"PEEK at PEAK"
FOURTH GRADE PEAK -January 16
PEAK OPEN HOUSE
You are invited to our Winter PEAK Open House. This is a come and go style Open House. We are excited to showcase both topic study and science work!
If you have not brought in your tri-fold - please bring it next week! It can be any size or color.
January Work Sessions
I have tried to vary days and times of the optional work sessions. Please RSVP so I know who to expect. I will definitely need to know if you are attending the Saturday session because I will give out my cell number so you can call to get into the building.
- Thursday, January 9 - 8:00 AM
- Monday, January 13 - 7:45 AM
- Friday, January 17 - 7:45 AM
- Saturday, January 18 (Yes SATURDAY) - 9:30 AM - Noon
- Wednesday, January 22 - (Yes an evening time!) 3:45 PM - 6:30 PM
- Thursday, January 23 - 8:00 AM
- Monday, January 27 - 7:45 AM
- Wednesday, January 29 - 7:45 AM
- Topic Study: We have a lot going on in Topic Study! Students are finishing projects, answering their essential questions, and preparing notes for display. We have really focused on depth of learning through our note taking and projects. It is important to note that the projects are 100% student completed. My focus this year has been on process not product. We have emphasized depth of learning. Additionally, It is important for the students to learn what a finished project "looks" like without modifications from adults. This is a huge step in the learning process. I am so proud of the students' effort and unique interpretation to their independent research project.
- Math: Problem solving!
- Science: Today students worked on a lesson in polarity.
- Today we continued to work on writing our humanitarian speech rough drafts.
- We brainstormed slogans for our humanitarian.
- We learned about Drop Box, Downloaded it, and completed a tutorial. (Please see homework section for your at home Drop Box assignment)
New Apps are where it's at ---
- Evernote ---for Theme Study
- Symbaloo - "PEAK PAD"
- Drop Box
- S'more poster
- Google Docs
- Create a Graph
- Live Binders --- for Topic Study
- Edmodo (review)