KSTAR News 20-21
Join the Team!
Yes, We are Having KSTAR!
Here are some things to know before you apply:
- KSTAR is open to all current 5th grade students. Both virtual and on-campus learners have the opportunity to participate.
- All KSTAR segments will be pre-recorded at home and submitted for use. We will not meet on campus in a group. This means that any student applying must have access to a camera at home (i.e. phone, tablet, etc).
- There won't be any "off camera" jobs. All students accepted into the program will be expected to make videos that will be used in the show. If other tasks need to be completed, they will be assigned to a team member.
- In order to make "KSTAR from home" work, we will have strong deadlines. If a student misses their segment deadline three times they will be removed from the program.
- The KSTAR start date has not been determined yet.
The Application Process
The application process will also look different this year. We are asking that each applicant submit a Special Report segment of their choosing to be evaluated by the KSTAR Committee. Special report segments can be on any, school appropriate, topic that you choose! Be creative!
In order to complete your application you must submit the following:
- Paragraph explaining why you should be considered for the KSTAR Team
- 1 minute special report video
- A headshot (i.e school picture, close up, etc)
Ms. Jackson and Ms. Mensing