November 16 - 20
The Shady Brook Vision and Mission Statement
Knowledge Informs and Determines Success for Students
The mission of Shady Brook Elementary is to educate all students for success today and tomorrow.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."
"Kid, you'll move mountains!"
"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."
CHAMPS Chat with Mr. Scott
Tuesday, Nov. 17th, 4:15-5:15pm
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Important SBE Events to Remember:
- 11/16 - 12/3 Christmas Providers Food Drive
- 11/17 Corral Café for 2nd Grade
- 11/19 Report Cards Go Home
- 11/19 Staff Birthday Luncheon provided by the Kindergarten Team
- 11/20 Hat Day
- 11/10 Color Blast Party for those that qualified from the fundraiser - 1:45 p.m.
- 11/23 Netsmartz Presentation (Details TBA)
- 11/24 PTA Great Pie Give-a-way (My favorite day!)
- 11/24 Kindergarten Thanksgiving program
- 11/24 Third Grade Roman Festival
- 11/24 Party Truck/Laser Tag for those that qualified from the fundraiser
- 11/25 - 11/27 THANKSGIVING BREAK!
- 12/3 Family Science Night from FW Museum of Science and History - 6:00 p.m.
- 12/4 Marylou out for CTA Exchange Day
- 12/4 Officer Lindsey here for presentations for 1st and 5th Grades
- 12/7 Off Campus Lunch for Fine Arts/ P.E.
- 12/9 PTA Student Birthday Celebration
- 12/01Staff Birthday Celebration
- 12/11 BJH Choir Performance
- 12/11 PTA Santa Night
- 12/14 6 Stones Night of Wonder
- 12/15 Harmony Performance
- 12/16 Corral Café for Third Grade
- 12/17 Campus Spelling Bee
- 12/18 BJH Band Performance
- 12/18 SBE Winter Parties
- 11/18 Shannon to Instructional Mtg. 9:00 - 12:00
- 11/20 Melissa to Instructional Specialist Mtg.
- 11/20 2nd Six Weeks Blockout Mtgs.
- 11/23 2nd Six Weeks Blockout Mtgs.
- 12/3 Marylou to CTA Mtg.
- 12/3 Goal Team Mtgs. (We will use TodaysMeet for this meeting so we will not all meet together.)
- 12/8 Ande Nurse Mtg.
- 12/9 Shannon To Staff and Principal Mtg.
- 12/10 Staff Mtg.
Testing at a Glance:
Action Required for all teachers: I wanted to let you know that our required ELPS fall awareness training is online this year. This course is required for all teachers. You will find the course under HEB curriculum, inside of the training tab. The enrollment key for this course is heb123. Individually, you will need to watch the training video, complete the quiz (with a grade of 100), print the associated certificate and turn in to Clarence. When turning in your certificate, you will need to sign the Eduphoria sign-in sheet that will be located outside of Clarence’s door. This is to be completed by December 11th.
- 11/17 Math CBA 2 Grades 3 - 6
- 11/19 Science CBA 1 Data Talk: Grades 3, 4, and 6
- 11/19 Science CBA 2 Data Talk: Grade 5
- 11/30 Math CBA 2 Data Talk: Grades 3 - 6
- 12/1 Writing DBA 1 Grade 4
- 12/8 Reading CBA 2 Grade 5
- 12/17 Reading CBA 2 Data Talk: Grade 5
- 12/17 Writing DBA 2 Data Talk: Grade 4
Kudos to. . .
- You all for the great RtI videos that were created! They were even so much more creative than I anticipated! The best part about being a Shetland is the way that even when new things come our way, we continually work to make sure that we are doing the best we can with the initiative! Thank you for the time and energy that you all have spent on this new RtI process.
- Lydia, Andrea S. and Coach for helping with one of our friends in Ms. Frazior's classroom during our Reverse Evacuation drill. Your assistance was greatly appreciated!
(Submitted by Anonymous)
- Ms. Priddy for her collaboration. Love her drive to succeed.
- Ms. Hassell for never taking a break.
- My awesome team - Haraden, Hermus, Shelby and VanKleef for working well together on the RtI video.
- Melissa Hassell for being there for me to vent and a shoulder to cry on.
- The bosses for treats and eats.
- Melissa Hassell fro supporting All of us!!
- Mr. Hodges for working with Kindergarten students on our Thanksgiving program.
CELEBRATE EACH OTHER! SEND YOUR KUDOS TO SHANNON SO THAT SHE CAN ADD THEM HERE. WE HAVE GREAT THINGS THAT ARE HAPPENING. . .SHARE WHAT YOU ARE SEEING. If you would like for your submission to be anonymous just let me know. :)
Upcoming DUE DATES
- 11/16 Lesson Plans due in Shared Folder (before the start of the school day)
- 11/16 Report Card Grades due by 8:00 AM
- 11/17 Students Failing on Report Card form due to Shannon. (Please remember to sign and date.)
- 12/7 Progress Reports to Go Home with students
- 12/11 ELPS Fall Awareness Training Certificates due to Clarence
News you need to know!
Thanksgiving Break - Only two more Mondays until the break!
No Tutoring the week of Thanksgiving
CHAMPS - As the students are getting more and more excited about the upcoming breaks it will be important for you to reteach your expectations. This is a great time to review the new CHAMPS yellow posters across the campus to address behavior in our common areas.
Parking - Remember that there is not parking in the back of the building unless we are having a special event. Everyone should be parking the front area. Thank you for your help with this!
Edugence Open Lab - November 18, 2015 PMC. This is set up in Eduphoria if you would like to attend.