First Grade Forest
Ms. Briggs' Class
MCLASS SCORES LOOK GREAT!!! SO Very Proud!!!
Pretty Please Complete the Report Card Survey
- Monday, February 22: Teacher Workday
- Thursday, February 25: Tea & Talk with the Superintendent for Claxton Families
- Friday, March 11th: Early Release Day
- Tuesday. March 15th: Math Carnival and Chicken Dinner 5:30-7:00pm
- Wednesday, March 16th: K-5 Career Fair in the gymnatorium 9:00-noon
Please Note that: the annual Light the Night Auction is on Friday, March 18
Quick overview of what are we learning
Fundations: This week we reviewed unit 8 to retake the text on Friday.
Writing: We have begun our opinion writing with the duck and rabbit perceptive. We have learned the difference between a fact and an opinion.
Daily 5: We are researching arctic animals using technology like real researchers and we will even create our own non-fiction text about the arctic!
Math: This week in math we introduced a new math tool called the Rekenrek. This tool helps us gain a deeper understanding of numbers. How we can compose and decompose numbers and the relationship between numbers, subtraction and addition.
Share with us!
Magic Marker and Colored Pencils
Ask your child if they need new crayons or colored pencils for their personal use.