Symmes Elementary School
October 22, 2021
Mark your Calendar!
- October 22: MAP scores are available in ebackpack. For instructions on how to access, click here.
- October 23: Nature Trail Clean-up Day, 10:00 am - 11:30 am
- October 28: End of the first quarter
- October 28: Annual Fall Costume Parade
- October 29: No School, Teacher Records Day
- November 4: Picture Retake Day, additional details coming soon
November 11: Parent / Teacher Conference Night*
November 12: Parent / Teacher Conference Day* - No School
November 18: Parent / Teacher Conference Night*
* - Teachers will be sending additional information directly to families.
Our Annual Fall Costume Parade is Coming Soon
Our Annual Fall Parade will be on 10/28/21 at 10:00 am. Here are some details you should know:
- Spectators are not permitted to attend - only staff and students
- We will video the parade and upload it to Facebook and the newsletter
- Your child's teacher will let you know if your student can wear their costume to school or if they should bring it to change into before the parade. Please be sure your child is able to put on their costume themselves.
Learn More About Sycamore's Curriculum Review
Sycamore Community Schools is currently engaged in the first year of implementation of our new strategic plan to empower all learners to reach their full potential in a globally competitive world. An important goal of this plan is to enhance academic achievement.
To support this goal, the district has partnered with Education Elements to conduct a thorough curriculum review to gain an understanding of current curriculum resources and how those resources impact instruction and student learning. The complete curriculum review will provide information regarding alignment and identify areas of need and growth.
We would like to invite families to join us to learn more about the curriculum review and its findings. These virtual, informational sessions will be led by representatives from Education Elements.
Virtual sessions will be held:
November 4 from 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. https://edelements.zoom.us/j/99368818621
November 5 from 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m. https://edelements.zoom.us/j/99368818621
Sessions will be recorded and viewed after the session. The recording of sessions will be available on the district website.
As we are nearing the upcoming Flu Season, Nurse Ferron wanted to highlight some resources for families to understand the differences and similarities between the Seasonal Flu and COVID 19. It is often hard to distinguish between illnesses unless a test is done for both. Please ask your physician about obtaining a flu vaccine for your family today!
Further information can be found at the CDC website here.
Here's a handy article that covers frequently asked questions from NPR.
Our students have been doing a great job following the 4 Be’s this quarter. Thank you for reinforcing our behavioral expectations and using the language at home with your children. At the end of each grading period, our homeroom teachers select 2 students to be our “Un-bee-lievable Students” for the quarter. This is an honor given to students who make following the 4 Be’s a habit and deserve extra recognition from their classmates and the whole Symmes community. A personalized certificate with their picture and a note from their teacher will be on display at the end of each hallway.
Do you know what the word unbelievable means?
How can you have unbelievable (unbelievably good) behavior at school?
If you were the teacher, who do you think has unbelievable behavior at school?
kerakmi? 你需要帮助吗？ 도움이 필요하세요? お手伝いします?
Click here to be connected with Symmes Ambassadors: https://www.sycamoreschools.org/domain/909