Second Grade Newsletter
Mrs. Barita, Mrs. Carrasco, Mrs. Kulesza
No School on Monday, January 18th...Tuesday, January 19th will be "Day 5" for Encore
Lifework-Week of January 18-22
- Monday: Read & log your communities study guide-test tomorrow
- Tuesday: Read & log 10 minutes, Spelling Words- Rainbow Style-3 colors
- Wednesday: Read & log 10 minutes, Spelling Words- ABC order
- Thursday: Read & log 10 minutes, Spelling Words-Write each word 3 times-test tomorrow
- Weekend: Read and log 10 minutes each night
Our upcoming unit in Science is Magnets. Concepts include:
- common uses
Our current unit in math is Number Sense and Computation Part 3. Concepts include:
- Comparing numbers using symbols (< = > ≠ )
- Adding a collection of coins up to $1.00 and using the correct notation
- Identifying place value to three digits
- Rounding to the nearest ten
- Estimating sums and differences
- Solving story problems
Spelling Words-Test 1/22/16
- 1/20- PTO Spirit Night @ FOSTERS GRILLE
- 1/25- PAC Meeting @ 6pm
- 1/26- PTO Spirit Night @ CiCi's
- 1/29- HALF DAY-Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 2/1-No School-Teacher Inservices
- 2/8-PTO Meeting @ 7pm
- 2/8-2/12-Box Top Blitz-Please send in your box tops, labels and rewards this week
- 2/9-Report cards go home
- 2/15-No School-Holiday
- 2/27-Blood Drive 9a-2p. Visit www.redcross.org to schedule your donation (code = Pennington School)
The Months of the Year
January brings the snow,
Makes our feet and fingers glow.
February brings the rain,
Thaws the frozen lake again.
March brings breezes loud and shrill,
Stirs the dancing daffodil.
April brings the primrose sweet,
Scatters daisies at our feet.
May brings flocks of pretty lambs,
Skipping by their fleecy dams.
June brings tulips, lilies, roses,
Fills the children’s hands with posies.
Barita: Library, Music, PE, Art, PLTW, PE
Carrasco: Music, PE, Art, PLTW, PE, Library
Kulesza: PE, Art, PLTW, PE, Library, Music