Tony Tobin Elementary - Sunday, September 6, 2020
Message from the Principal
Dear Trailblazer Families,
This coming week we would like to honor and recognize our community heroes as we remember 9/11. Please join me in honoring our heroes near and far for their bravery and courage in their day to day tasks. A "hero" is one that shows great courage. Thank you for selflessly volunteering your time and skills and for putting yourself in harm's way-to protect and defend others. We thank you for your service and leadership.
Please join us in wearing Red, White, and Blue on Friday, September 11 to never forget 9/11.
Information to Know about Zoom
Helpful Information for Zoom Meetings
As teachers begin the transition to Zoom for live meetings, we want to make you aware of a common issue that disrupts the login process into ZOOM.
ONLY student emails can be logged into district iPads. We are finding that non-district emails are being logged into district iPads, and this disrupts service on many apps. When students log into Seesaw or Google Classroom and then click on the link to join a Zoom meeting on an iPad, they should automatically be authenticated and will then simply have to wait for the host to let them in. There should never be a request for a code or password. If a student is prompted to enter a meeting code, then it is likely that another non-district email has been entered into the iPad at some point.
To check if more than one account has been entered into the iPad:
- Click on Safari
- Type in the word "google" in the search bar
- On the Google page, in the right corner next to the waffle will be a circle with either a picture or letter in it
- Click on the circle and a drop-down will appear that will show which accounts are signed in or have been logged into this device at some point. Only the student's account should appear in this drop-down list.
If there is more than one email account listed, the following will need to happen:
- Click "Sign out of all accounts"
- Click to sign back in
- At the bottom, select "Remove an account"
- A red circle icon will appear next to all the accounts listed, select the red circle next to the account(s) that need to be removed
- Confirm that the account needs to be removed.
Click on the link below for IPad Information
Device Liability Form
Device Insurance is Now Available
We are happy to offer our students and their families device insurance. We know that things happen and so we are now offering insurance to give you peace of mind knowing that you're covered should something occur. The cost is $20 per device for the 20-21 school year.
You can purchase the insurance here (https://tvusd.myschoolcentral.com/). You will need to create an account if you do not have one already. (Instructions for setting up an account can be found here).