Summer with Stella & Dot
June 25, 2017
Dearest 1st Impressions Team,
Take a peek below for:
- Examples of how I'm maximizing my summer.
- How to finish June strong and kick of July with an BANG!
- Amazing recognition for our team in May
AND YES...THE KIDS ARE HOME!
AFTER 8 YEARS IN THE BIZ, I'VE LEARNED THE BEST WAYS FOR ME TO ENJOY SUMMER & CONTINUE TO BRING IN THE CASH REQUIRES SIMPLE A SCHEDULE AND A WEE BIT OF DISCIPLINE :)
1. Setting Business Hours
So, I'm setting my business hours in various styles depending on how my week evolves. They'll vacillate between:
6 - 9am at home
8:45 - 11:45am: at a coffee house
Working my 10 - 4 throughout a busy, summer week (10 NEW points of outreach throughout the week via phone, text, IM, email; then following up with those 10 each week a max of 4x via varying modes of communication)
I'll always leave the house with mini lookbooks in my bag and jewels on my bod. You never know when an S&D conversation will come up so best to be prepared. I like to keep a stack of lookbooks in my car and make sure I hand them all out throughout the week :)
2. Selling Throughout the Summer
1) Back Patio Pop Ups! (best $/€/£ per hour!)
"Margaritas/Mai Tais & Must-Haves"
"Bubbles, Bling, Beach Tunics & Bags"
"Julips & Jewels"
2) Personal Shopping Appointments at My House.
I'll share hours with my contact list to swing on by anytime during my available. hrs.
3) Offering Virtual Styling Appointments
I'll do Facetime with friends across the country or simply send recommendations via text, em, im.
4) Online FaceBook Style Sessions
Asking the hostess to tag, like, and comment will greatly help get her friends excited & shopping. I'll sprinkle Facebook LIVES throughout the 2 week window to engage with the audience.
5) I'll post special raffles on my VIP Facebook Page.
6) I'll do personal outreach for individual sales throughout the summer to help people who:
- have birthdays/anniversaries
- are heading on vacation and may need a Getaway!
- are attending weddings and need to finish the look
- love seasonal style fixes
- have Dot Dollar Codes to redeem!
7) I'll research Farmers Markets, Community Centers, Resorts, etc. where I'll be vacationing in hopes of bookending my vacation with pop ups.
8) I'll be letting everyone know that I have jewels and will travel! Summer is a time when sometimes I go farther outside of my usual scope to get the sales I want. It's worth it to me to travel a bit farther to do a pop up in the summer than I would during our regular season. Plus it's a lot of fun building a new area! Think about which friends you have farther off.
9) Overnights with friends farther off. I love thinking of a friend I haven't seen in a while and offering a trunk show to her. It's the perfect way for me to get away for one nice, catch up with my friend, make $, and have a whole new crowd of contacts to build momentum with my biz. Plus my family enjoys getting the house super messy while I'm gone with no pressure to clean up ;) Win-win for all!
10) Beach Blanket Pop Ups! I'll keep a tote of jewels in my car with a few lookbooks & order forms. You never know when someone will want to play with jewelry while catching some rays!
11) And of course posting on social media throughout the summer! Sharing the new pieces coming from Hoopla will be a great source of excitement and energy for your biz!
IDEAS TO FINISH JUNE STRONG!
1. Take Tips and Words to Say from Lindsay's Dot Dollar Email - Dated 6/22
CHECK YOUR IN-BOX: This is the BEST email for you to save and refer back to. It will make your life so easy when following up to get orders during Dot Dollar Redemption.
Copy & paste the words to say along with your customers codes and a link to your own online Dot Dollar Redemption Show!
SO MANY GREAT IMAGES IN THIS EMAIL FROM LINDSAY TO COPY AND SHARE!
** THINK ABOUT YOUR GOALS. DO YOU WANT TO REACH A GOAL FOR JUNE OR KICK OFF JULY WITH A BANG? Tailor your outreach to happen when you want those sales :)