September 25, 2020
Comprehensive School Counseling Survey
Support for Park Hill Online
Support for Park Hill Online
For our Park Hill Online students and their families, we have developed some resources to help with navigating the online experience, including all the online learning tools.
- Check out the Parent University webpages our educators put together, with tips and resources for families. Using the feedback we hear, we will regularly add new information to support families as they help their students connect to technology, guide social-emotional learning, and navigate online learning.
- Also, feel free to call for Park Hill Online support at 816-359-4044 during office hours. You will be able to get answers about our learning platforms, online assessments, and finding resources when you need them.
September Curriculum Connections
Check out the linked Curriculum Connections below to see what our Timberwolves will be working on in each subject area during the month of September! We want to share the learning topics at all of the grade levels so that you are familiar with what topics and content are taught this month! Your child's teacher is always happy to provide more details should you have questions!
All students (both in person and online) will be taking the NWEA Measures of Academic Progress Assessments in the next few weeks. These assessments are used to help teachers identify specific student learning needs to guide the instruction provided to students. These diagnostic assessment will determine each child's learning level in Reading and Math. Your teachers will be letting you know in their newsletters the day that your children will be taking the assessments. Our online learners will be receiving an email with more details on the assessment process. Children do their best in school when they are well rested and have had a healthy breakfast. This is especially important on an assessment day!
Day of Hope
Day of Hope registration is open! This is an event where families can receive holiday gifts, groceries, clothing and learn about community resources. Please register ASAP before it is full! If you have any questions or need any help, please contact TR Social Worker, Gayle Laney @ 816-359-5747 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Flu Shot Information
- The Platte County Health Department is offering flu shots for all middle and high school students at the Congress Middle School gym from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on October 21. Please fill out this form, attach a copy of your insurance card and return to your child's school nurse by October 7.
- If your child is unable to get their shot on October 21, the Platte County Health Department is offering drive-thru clinics at the Riverside fire department on October 8, from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., and Platte City Middle School on October 12, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- On Tuesday October 6th from 6-8 pm the Park Hill PTA Clothing Center is partnering with Ian’s Rainbow Flu Foundation (www.iansrainbow.org) to provide a flu vaccine clinic. It will be a drive thru clinic that will take place at the south parking lot of Gerner (adjacent to the clothing center). No signups are necessary, it will be first come first served. In addition the clothing center will be opened from 5-8pm that night. Shopping sign-ups are available here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508084fa4a72ba0fa7-ptapark
Park Hill Clothing Center
The Park Hill Clothing Center would like to thank all of the families who have contributed to our facility. For anyone not familiar with the clothing center there is more information here: https://www.parkhill.k12.mo.us/parent_resources/pta_clothing_center
There have been some changes due to Covid-19. The biggest change is that we must limit the number of people in the building. Therefore if you need to “shop” (the clothes are free) please sign up for a time slot using the link above. Volunteers are greatly needed! We have been fortunate to have received numerous donations, however we’ve had a difficult time hanging up all of the incoming clothes with very few volunteers. If anyone has 1-2 hours to contribute we would greatly appreciate it. The above link also has a link for volunteers. New dates are periodically added so keep checking back.
Thank you for all of your help! -The Park Hill Clothing Center
Feedback Survey for PTA
Nominate a Staff Member for the Park Hill STAR Award
That is why we present the Park Hill Star award once a month to a Pre-K or elementary teacher, a secondary teacher and a support employee. Anyone can nominate an employee for this award by using the form below. It asks you to share how your nominee demonstrates our district values of continuous improvement, high expectations, integrity, visionary leadership and student focus. You can also share how your nominee supports the goals in our district’s strategic plan.
Use this link to nominate an awesome Tiffany Ridge staff member as a Park Hill Star!
Check out the new Tiffany Ridge Spiritwear!
Do you need some new Timberwolf gear? There is FREE SHIPPING from now till October 5th, 2020 for Tiffany Ridge Spiritwear. Visit our online store to place your order now at https://www.tiffanyridgespiritwear.com/
We are taking every precaution we can to try to keep our students and our staff safe during this COVID-19 pandemic. Please see the special edition of the Timberwolf Times that was sent to the community on August 17th.
Click on the link above to view the Park Hill School District Calendar.
Tiffany Ridge Elementary
Follow us for up-to-date information on all the events at Tiffany Ridge through social media!
Dr. Desiree Rios-Principal
Megan Pudenz-Assistant Principal