What are the causes of stress?
The situations and pressures that cause stress are known as stressors. Stress can cause physical changes like strength, stamina, speed your reaction time, and enhance your focus. Some other examples are major life changes, financial problems, work or school, chronic worry, negative self-talk.
What are the risks of stress?
If you are stressed about whatever situation you are in, your body can still react as if you're facing a life-or-death situation. Some symptoms of stress are constant worrying, feeling overwhelmed, aches and pains, and isolating yourself from others.
What are some of the ways to prevent/manage stress?
There is a eight step strategy to prevent stress.
- Step one is to get moving and get active.
- Step two is engage socially with others.
- Step three avoid unnecessary stress.
- Step four alter the situation.
- Step five adapt to the stressor.
- Step six accept the things you can't change.
- Step seven make time for fun and relaxation.
- Step eight adopt a healthy lifestyle.