September: Ideas, ADD, and Developmental Delay
Multiple Ways to Teach
Click the button for: A lot of information, mainly for the lower grades and early intervention.
HELPFUL for ALL needs
Some of these things you may already know but I wanted to include them in this flyer.When reading:
- find text to speech options (on the ipad there are options and some computers.)
- audio versions of different books can be found online
- if a textbook has a visual and audio option, this is very beneficial
- if teacher is reading aloud make sure the student is following along with a point, ruler, or finger.
I have not tried this method for audio options because I do more one on one, but here is a link that has some advice. If it works, please share :)
Writing on the board:
- Use different colors (red, black, and other dark colors) If writing a spelling list, alternate the colors.
- If writing a sentence on the board, alternate each sentence with a different color. Is especially helpful to students who have attention issues or reading disabilities.